Calculations are used to add items like invoice totals, inspection scores and other calculated values in mobile forms. Use calculations to total work hours, find average inspection scores, and calculate costs within forms.
The Calculation question type has three available tabs: General, Properties, and Help Options
Restrictions: See Question and Data Types: Restrictions.
Build calculations under the Properties tab. To reference the answer to another question, type Q[Question label] or select it from the dropdown. Calculations work with numeric answers only. If a question cannot be used in a calculation, or if the question comes after calculation in the form, it will not be displayed in the dropdown menu.
- Min/Max: Set a minimum or maximum value for the question.
- Currency: If using the Currency data type, select your Currency from the dropdown menu.
- Min/Max Decimal Places: If using the Decimal data type, set a minimum or maximum number of decimal places here. Values will be rounded using banker's rounding; the original value will not be stored.
The calculation builder offers an easy, intuitive way to build your calculation questions. It allows you to:
- select appropriate, numeric data type questions from a dropdown.
- To select multiple questions, hold shift while selecting them.
- filter questions based on text typed in the calculation field.
- add constants to calculations by typing them in.
- view any errors as you work on the calculation, making it easy to correct.