This conversion tool easily converts V1 forms to V2, allowing you to take advantage of V2 features such as repeatable sections and conditional logic. The tool will walk you through the changes. The conversion tool will not affect your production form. It will create a copy of it in another FormSpace for you to test prior to deploying to production.
For more information on Version 2 forms and their associated features, please read:
We recommend that you migrate your V1 content to a new FormSpace in the following order:
- Copy your documents to a new FormSpace and convert them to V2. Configure them to auto-link to any new forms.
- Copy or re-create your Data Destinations in the new FormSpace. Configure them to auto-link to any new forms.
- Convert your V1 forms to V2. Your related documents and Data Destinations auto-link to your new V2 forms.
|What happens||Action to take|
|When you convert a V1 form, the system creates a new V2 copy of the form in a different FormSpace. The system keeps the V1 form in its original FormSpace.||Archive the V1 form.|
|The system keeps Data Sources linked to the converted V2 form.||For dynamic Data Sources, assign the target FormSpace to the connection they use so that you can continue to fetch data.|
|The system copies Form Images with the form.||None.|
|The system does not keep documents linked to the converted V2 form.||Copy and convert documents you want to use with the converted V2 forms. Make sure the documents are in the same FormSpace as the converted forms.|
|The system does not keep Data Destinations linked to the converted V2 form.||Copy or re-create Data Destinations you want to use with the converted V2 forms. Make sure the Data Destinations are in the same FormSpace as the converted forms.|
|Access to forms is configured at the FormSpace level. Users with group access to the new FormSpace can access the converted form.||Check that the intended users can access the converted forms in the new FormSpace.|
|The JSON and XML structures related to Analytics and the API for V1 forms are different to that of V2 forms.||Adjust the JSON and XML structures related to Analytics and the API for your converted V2 forms.|
How To Convert Forms
- Navigate to the form that you want to convert to V2. Select Convert from beneath the form name.
- The next screen shows a listing of V2-only features. To continue, select Let's Get Started.
- If your form has any of the following, you will be shown a page with options to convert these using V2 tools:
- at least one button group with "allow comments" on it
- repeating pages or multiple pages with the same questions, e.g. for recording employee hours,
- skip logic
- You may choose not to convert these features. If you do not convert:
- Button Group Conditional Comments: The comments text field will always be visible.
- Repeating Pages: Your repeating pages will all be present, but always be visible.
- Skip Logic: The skip logic will be removed, and your form will no longer skip over pages.
- Select the appropriate FormSpace for your new form. This will not overwrite your old form. Note: As a best practice, we suggest creating the form in a test or development FormSpace. You may see some warnings. The reasons you may see these warnings are:
- V1 JSON or XML Documents attached to this form. For more information, please read:
- Data Destinations that do not support Repeatable Section output. For more information, please read: Supported Features for Repeatable Sections.
- Custom Documents attached to this form. Please contact your account manager if this is the case.
- Advanced Analytics attached to this form. Please contact your account manager if this is the case.
Select Convert to V2 Form from the bottom.
- The new form will be launched in the V2 form builder and saved as a draft in the designated FormSpace. Below is an example of an automatically-generated repeatable section based on a version 1 form's duplicate pages:
- Check the form for appropriate Documents and Data Destinations. For more information: