(Please note that older articles might not render correctly in mobile view.)
Supported on the Advanced and Enterprise tiers:
Adding "Help" content to forms enables users to access additional support when they're out in the field. Users simply tap the help button next to a question to see YouTube videos, web pages, work instructions, or images.
In the Form Builder, the Help Options tab appears on every question type, usually as the last tab listed. To enable this feature, set the Provide help to mobile users toggle to ON. The following example shows the toggle on, with the help options displayed.
You can select one of the following types of user help:
- YouTube Video: Provide a link to a YouTube video (for online users).
- Web Link: Provide a link to a relevant web page (for online users). We recommend using HTTPS for iOS to prevent any third-party apps from initializing non-HTTPS links.
Users can open the web link within the ProntoForms app or in an external web browser.
- HTML Text: Enter work instructions or user assistance in the text editor to display to the user as HTML-formatted, offline content. Formatting options include different font sizes, lists, tables, links, and more.
- Form Resources: Select from the uploaded form images in your FormSpace and display up to six images per question. Once the form is downloaded to the user's device, the user can access the image offline.
The Form Resources help option optimizes performance and ensures that users see the most recent version of a form image. When you update a form image in your FormSpace, any questions that reference that image are automatically updated when a user reconciles their app.
Add Images to Question Help Content
Select from the already uploaded Form Images and display up to six images per question.
- Is the image you want to use already uploaded to your FormSpace? (Go to Manage Forms > Form Images to check.)
- If yes, go to step 2.
- If no, upload the form image.
- In your form, select Form Resources.
- Select an image from the list of form images in your FormSpace.
- Repeat step 3 for up to six images.
A question with any Help Option has a question icon to the right. Users simply tap or select the icon to see the help content.
This opens the help information box as shown in the following example, which shows a linked image.