Note: V2 Forms are available to all customers. If you do not have access to the V2 Form Builder and Forms, please read: Enabling V2 Forms
Repeatable sections allow mobile users to provide multiple entries for the same set of questions -- like line items on an invoice, parts or labor on a work order, or time entries on a timesheet.
Once mobile users have added entries to a Repeatable section, the entries are summarized in a table view in the main form in the mobile app. This is called the "Summary Table." Every Repeatable section has one, and its purpose is to give mobile users a summary of the work they have completed.
- A Repeatable Section
- At least one question in it that is not a Information control.
Add a Question to the Summary Table
- Navigate to the Repeatable section.
- Press Edit Summary Table or Questions.
- This opens the repeatable section in the main editing window:
- In the Summary Table area at the top, select Add a Column.
- Choose the question from your Repeatable section that you would like to show in the table. Each question can only appear in the table once.
- The column will be added.
- Press the pencil icon inside of the desired column.
- A popover with settings will appear.
- Reference Question:
The first line shows the text and unique identifier of the question shown in the column. This is not editable. To reference a different question, create a new column.
- Column Header:
This is the text that will appear as the column header in the mobile app. You can type almost anything; it does not need to match the question text.
- Column display priority:
Differently sized mobile devices can fit a different amount of columns across the screen while maintaining their readability. For example, an iPhone in Portait mode might be able to fit 4 columns across, while an iPad in Landscape mode might fit 10. For more information on how this looks on mobile devices, please read: Using Repeatable Sections in the Mobile App.
"Priority" declares how important it is that a column is shown in the summary table, no matter the device size.
Low Priority columns will be the first columns to stop showing as you switch to a smaller device. High Priority will be the last ones to stop showing on smaller devices. If you have more High Priority columns than can show on the device, then the High priority columns configured furthest to the right of the table will stop showing.
- Minimum Column Width:
Some columns will contain larger strings of text, like a description. Others, like a Yes or No answer, will be very short. Allot the appropriate amount of space, depending on what kind of answer the column will show.
Fewer "large" columns can fit on a device screen than "small."
- Column can be expanded to fill empty space:
If you have 3 columns configured for your table, but the device has room to show 3.5, whichever column has this option checked will get wider to take up that space.
Remove a Column:
- Press on the pencil icon on the desired column.
- Press "Remove Question from Table" at the bottom of the pop-up.
- The column will be removed (the question it referenced will still exist in the Repeatable section).
- Press and hold on the dotted "move" handle in the column header.
- Drag the column sideways to the appropriate spot in the table.