The Handlebars document allows you to build fully custom documents of virtually any type. For example, you could build a custom CSV format, or even a KML file. You can also add loops or conditions to control how the document behaves in different scenarios, based on the data in a form submission.
If you are looking to build a custom PDF, Word, or HTML document, we recommend using those document types instead; Handlebars can be used to customize those documents.
Like all documents in ProntoForms, Handlebars documents can be sent to cloud and enterprise services, web services, and more. A number of document types are available, and multiple documents can be sent with a single form submission. Read more about documents here.
- Create the document, and select Handlebars as the document type.
- Name the document, and optionally provide a description.
- Configure a document Filename, to control what the document will be named when sent through destinations. Use Data Record Expression Language (DREL).
- Choose a Document Timezone source.
- Optionally auto-link the document to forms.
The document can be any text-based file type (HTML, .txt. .xml, etc). This is the file type the document will create.
Leave this blank for automatic resolution based on file extension. Read here for a list of content types.
Supply the document body, using Handlebars to reference answers from your form submission. Read the documentation here.