Looking for information about ProntoForms features and functionality? Visit our Product Documentation Portal.
The Text Area can be used to collect text, and can accept alphanumeric, numeric, or special characters.
The Text Area question type allows the user to enter multiple lines of data, limited to 4000 characters. It allows the user to see a large amount of text at one time and is often used to capture notes or comments in the field. If enabled, users can use voice to text to fill text areas. It can be used with Digit Extraction or String Concatenation.
- Validation Type: Validation allows you to check what information is being entered in a question and prevent incorrect data entry.
- Non-accented Letters Only, no spaces: Abc
- Non-accented Numbers or Letters Only, no spaces: Abc123
- Postal Code: A1B 2C3
- Advanced: This uses Regular Expressions.
- User's username as default value: Set the user's username as the initial value for the question.
- Default Value: Set the initial value for the question.
- Keyboard Type: Set the Mobile Input Type. This means that you can select a particular type of mobile keyboard: for example, if it is a question that uses more numbers than letters, use a number keyboard as the default.