Note: The ProntoForms integration with Salesforce requires API access. Learn more about accessing the Salesforce API.
Identifying the API Name of Custom Objects
Salesforce records can be created through the Salesforce Custom Object Data Destination. The API Name of the custom object can be found in the Salesforce user interface as followsSign in to Salesforce with a Salesforce administrator account.
1. Click Setup in the upper right corner of the page.
2. In the navigation pane, click Build > Create > Objects. The Objects page displays the custom objects.
3. Click the object name. The Object page displays the object details.
4. Under Object Definition Detail, note the API name value, for example, "Inventory__c".
For standard objects, API names are simply the name as the standard object. For example, the "Account" object API name is "Account".
For custom objects, API names end with the suffix "__c". For example, if the custom object is "Inventory", object API name is "Inventory__c".
Custom fields can be referenced in all Salesforce Data Destinations. The API Name of each field is required for data destination configuration; these values can be found through the Salesforce user interface following the directions below. For more information, see the Salesforce Knowledge Article on this topic.
Custom Fields in Salesforce Classic
1. Go to Setup.
2. Go to App Setup | click Customize.
3. Locate the object the click Fields.
4. Look for "API Name" column value in "Custom Fields & Relationships" section
Custom Fields in Lightning Experience
1. Go to Setup.
2. Click Object Manager.
3. Locate and click the object.
4. In the sidebar, click Fields & Relationships.
5. Locate the field label.
6. Check the 'Field Name' column name value.