Dispatching via the API sends a dispatch message to the ProntoForms server, which in turn will dispatch that record to the user. Read more about the API here. Additionally, an overview of dispatching can be found here.
- Ensure the form you would like to dispatch to is enabled to receive dispatches. For more, see the How to: Set up a form for dispatching.
- Launch the plugin.
Under the Basic Authorization tab, change the method to POST.
Insert the URL <https://api.prontoforms.com/api/1.1/data/dispatch.xml> into the text box.
- Use the API Key as the Username and the API Key Secret as the Password. If you do not have an API Key and Secret, read about Setting up an API Application on Prontoforms. Then, click Refresh Headers.
Under the raw heading, identify:
- the ID of the form to dispatch to: <formId>FORM ID</formId>
- the ID of the user who will receive the form: <userId>USER ID</userId>
- the Question Label of the question being filled, and the data to dispatch to that field: <answer label="QUESTION LABEL">ANSWER</answer>
Note: When using the API to dispatch data to a question that has been configured to "collect additional answers," the additional answers will NOT be automatically populated in the form. If it is essential that these values are pushed, it is up to the dispatcher to include the data in the dispatch.
Below is a sample of what the raw text will look like after form, user, question and response have been identified:
Tap Send. If successful, a Dispatch Result will appear complete with a Data ID and Reference Number.