(Please note that older articles might not render correctly in mobile view.)
Dispatching via the API sends a dispatch message to the ProntoForms server, which in turn will dispatch that record to the user. Read more about the API here. Additionally, an overview of dispatching can be found here.
- Ensure the form you would like to dispatch to is enabled to receive dispatches. For more, see the How to: Set up a form for dispatching.
- Launch the Postman Plugin, and choose to create a Request.
- Name your request something like "Dispatch to User". You'll be able to re-use this request later.
- If you don't already have a collection (which is like a folder for different requests), create one. I've named ours "ProntoForms Dispatch." Select the collection, then save the request.
Change the method to POST. This is the method supported for creating dispatches.
Insert the Request URL https://api.prontoforms.com/api/1.1/data/dispatch.xml
- Go to the Authorization tab.
Change the type to "Basic Auth".
Use the API Key as the Username and the API Key Secret as the Password. If you do not have an API Key and Secret, read about Setting up an API Application on Prontoforms.
- Go to the Body tab and select the radiobutton for "raw."
In the text area, identify:
<answer label="Name">Jane Doe</answer>
Below is a sample of what the raw text will look like after form, user, question and response have been identified:
9. Tap Send.
Look at the Response area. If successful, a Dispatch Result will appear complete with a Data ID and Reference Number.