By default, there are four app boxes on the iOS home page: Forms, Inbox, Drafts, and Outbox/Sent. The boxes seen may vary (and may appear in a different order) based on team settings.
Inbox, Draft, and Outbox Badges
On iOS devices, red badges appear on Inbox, Drafts and Sent/Outbox boxes if there are any forms that require attention. For example, the below Drafts box has two form drafts in in.
The Forms screen lists all forms available for the user to fill out. To open a form, simply tap on it. If there are multiple forms, swipe up and down to view all available forms.
Where are my Forms?
If there are no forms listed on the Forms screen, it means no forms have been assigned. Forms must be assigned to users by a team administrator.
While forms that appear in the Forms screen can be started by the user, forms that appear in the Inbox have been initiated (or Dispatched) by a ProntoForms team administrator. By default, forms in the Inbox are listed by "Form Name - Date and Time last edited".
About Dispatched forms:
- An administrator pre-fills some information on a form, uploads the data to the web administration portal, and dispatches the partially-filled form to the mobile device of a user.
- Customer information and job details are items typically filled out by an administrator before dispatching.
- Pre-filled fields may be set by an administrator to Read-Only so they cannot be edited on the mobile device.
- Forms in the Inbox can be opened by tapping on them, as with all forms. The remaining fields in the form can be filled out and the form can submitted normally.
The Drafts screen lists all saved forms. These forms have been opened and partially filled out, but not submitted or discarded. Any form in the Drafts screen may be tapped to open it and continue editing.
Any data in a draft will remain on the device, and will not appear on the ProntoForms server until the form has been submitted by the user. Once a form is submitted, it will disappear from the Drafts screen.
Delete Drafts: On the Drafts screen, swipe the Form name to the left and a red icon with a trash can will show up. Select the trash can and it will remove the Draft Form from that folder.
By default, forms in the Drafts screen are listed by "Form Name - Date and Time last edited".
The Sent screen displays forms that have been submitted and received by the ProntoForms web portal. Forms that have been submitted and are queued to send will appear in the Sent box under an Outbox header. When the Sent screen is disabled on a team, the Sent box on the home screen will be replaced by an Outbox.
Forms will only be listed under the Outbox heading if sending the form has not yet processed, typically due to marginal or unavailable network access.
- Forms in the Outbox will automatically send once the device has adequate network access.
- Forms in the Outbox screen may not be edited, but they can be deleted. If they are deleted, no data will be sent to the ProntoForms server.
By default, forms in the Outbox screen are listed by "Form Name - Date and Time Submitted".