Payfirma is a mobile payment app that allows users to collect a credit card payment directly from a mobile device. Payfirma is PCI compliant, does not store any sensitive customer information and uses industry standard encryption.
In order to accept a credit card payment through ProntoForms using Payfirma, the Payfirma app must first be installed on the mobile device. A merchant account is required to process payments.
A credit card payment can only be applied in ProntoForms through the use of a credit card transaction type question; as such, this must be added to the form by an administrator before a mobile user can process a credit card payment. Click here to learn how to add credit card processing to a form.
While an activated merchant account is required to process a credit card payment, Payfirma does have a "Demo" mode available. This mode allows "test" transactions simulating real transactions, while no live data is transmitted. This allows you to thoroughly test the functionality (and its integration with ProntoForms) without performing any actual transactions.
To accept a credit card payment with ProntoForms:
- Enter the payment amount in the appropriate field on the form.
- Tap on the "Pay with Payfirma" button. Note: Once the credit card payment process is completed, the form will lock and no changes can be made to it.
- Upon accepting the details of the pop-up message, the user is then taken to the payment processor’s App. Log in to an account, open an account, or select "Demo" mode for testing purposes. The charge amount will be pre-populated.
- Enter a description of the services, followed by the credit card details. The credit card information can be either swiped through the payment processor-provided card reader or manually keyed in to the application.
- The customer’s signature and email address are required. Following its completion, a record of the transaction will be emailed to the customer.
- Upon completion of all of these steps, transaction details are displayed on an approval page. Click Return to ProntoForms to once again have access to the original mobile form.
- Within the form, under Payment Information, the transaction payment amount, card number and status are viewable.
Note: Following a credit card transaction, no form field can be changed. All data entered into the form is deemed final.