Innerfence Credit Card Terminal is a mobile payment app that allows users to collect a credit card payment directly from a mobile device. Innerfence does not store any sensitive customer information and uses industry standard encryption.
In order to accept a credit card payment through ProntoForms using Innerfence, the Innerfence Credit Card Terminal app must first be installed on the mobile device (simply search for "Innerfence"). A merchant account is required to process payments.
A credit card payment can only be applied in ProntoForms through the use of a credit card transaction type question; as such, this must be added to the form by an administrator before a mobile user can process a credit card payment. Click here to learn how to add credit card processing to a form.
To accept a credit card payment with ProntoForms:
- Enter the payment amount in the appropriate field on the form.
- Tap on the "Pay with Innerfence" button. Note: Once the credit card payment process is completed, the form will lock and no changes can be made to it.
- Upon accepting the details of the pop-up message, the user is then taken to Innerfence's payment processor’s device App, complete with the charged amount pre-populated.
- Tapping the "More" button allows you to enter more information as well as a description of the services.
- The credit card information can be either swiped through the payment processor-provided card reader or manually keyed in to the application.
- The customer’s signature is required. Tap the Signature button and pass the device to the customer.
- Tap Charge to complete the transaction.
- Upon completion of all of these steps, transaction details are displayed on an approval page. Select Return to ProntoForms to once again have access to the original mobile form.
Note: Following a credit card transaction, no ProntoForms form field can be changed. All data entered into the form is deemed final.