Looking for information about ProntoForms features and functionality? Visit our Product Documentation Portal.
- ProntoForms Account
- Support and Feedback
- Application Settings
|ProntoForms settings can be accessed by pressing the Android Menu button (location and appearance varies by device) with the mobile app open, then selecting "Settings."|
Username & Password
Displays the username of the person currently logged into the app.
This page lists information about the team the user is on and user information (Team name, timezone, etc).
The user must know their current password in order to create a new one. If a user changes their password, this change affects logging into both the web portal (if the user has access) and the mobile app.
This option will erase all settings and forms on the device. Please ensure you have no drafts or dispatches in your inbox before using this option, as they will be lost on logging out.
Support information is listed here - tap on the email address, phone number or URL to launch an email, phone call or web browser. Note: By default, this is the contact information for ProntoForms Support, but this may be customized by an administrator.
Selecting this will take the user from a couple of prompts, asking them to rate ProntoForms, provide suggestions, or provide other feedback through email@example.com.
This setting allows users to manually change the quality of the photos attached to forms and sent to the ProntoForms server. Setting a higher image quality can affect a number of things: increased data record size, increased data record processing times (which can cause an increase in failed data submissions), and increased cellular data usage on the mobile device (with associated charges from your cellular carrier). In most cases, the Small resolution is a perfectly acceptable quality and will minimize any negative effects of working with an image-heavy form.
- Small: Resizes images from the camera so that the long edge of the image will be a maximum of 640 pixels long. Recommended for users who submit very image-heavy forms.
- Medium (Default): Resizes images from the camera so that the long edge of the image will be a maximum of 1024 pixels long.
- Original: Images will be attached in full camera quality, without alteration. These images will be very large, may be slow to upload and will take the most bandwidth. Avoid this setting if the forms you will be completing can contain many images; fine for forms that use one or two images.
- Custom Maximum Size: Resize photos from the camera so the length of the longest edge will be at most the value specified.
Adjust the Photo Compression; a higher rate of compression will result in smaller file sizes and lower quality photos. If using high compression, it is advisable to choose a smaller resolution for your photos as well.
This setting allows users to manually change the quality of the audio attached to forms and sent to the ProntoForms server. Setting a higher audio quality can affect many things: increased data record size, increased processing time, and increased cellular data usage on the mobile device.
- Low Quality: Records audio at approximately 16kB/second.
- Medium Quality: Records audio at approximately 32kB/second.
- High Quality: Record audio at approximately 64kB/second. This is the highest quality and will take up the most bandwidth and time to upload.
The default is Medium quality; this should suffice for most audio recordings.
If this option is selected, the device will automatically receive new form definitions and data if a connection is available.
This is an advanced setting and should not be used unless directed to do so by ProntoForms Support.
Send Forms to Support
This option will only appear if the user has a form in their outbox. In the event that a submitted form will not send to the ProntoForms server and is "stuck" in the Outbox, ProntoForms Support will request that users send the form manually through this option, which will launch an email to Support with the file.
Send Drafts to Support
This option will only appear if the user has a form in their drafts folder. In the event that an incomplete form will not open and is "stuck" in the drafts folder, ProntoForms Support will request that users send them the form manually through this option, which will launch an email to Support with the file.
Send Logs to Support and Log Level
These options are solely for troubleshooting purposes. Users will only need to use them if directed to by ProntoForms Support.
Enhance the security of the ProntoForms app by configuring a Passcode Lock. With this setting enabled, when the ProntoForms app is accessed on a mobile device (whether the app is freshly started, or the already-open app is accessed after the screen has powered off), the user will be prompted for a passcode to unlock ProntoForms. This must be entered correctly before the user can continue using ProntoForms, ensuring that no there is no unauthorized use of the app or access to sensitive information.
- To enable a passcode lock, tap on the checkbox.
- You will be prompted to create a numeric passcode of unlimited length.
- To disable the passcode lock, un-check Passcode Lock.
- To change the passcode, simply select Change Passcode. Correct entry of the current passcode is required.
- Turn on Erase Data for extra security: This will clear all content in the ProntoForms app by resetting the device after 10 failed passcode entry attempts; form definitions, the inbox, outbox and drafts will be wiped, settings will be reset and the user will be logged out.
This option re-downloads form definitions and data sources but does not log the user out. Draft and dispatched forms will not be affected.
Note: The Ditto feature is being discontinued with the release of ProntoForms for Android v.9.3. For more information, please read the Announcement.
The Ditto feature allows users to pre-populate answers for entire forms with data entered from the last recently submitted copy of the same form. This can save time in instances where large amounts of data are repeated in multiple form submissions, but is most useful during the testing phase of a form, rather than for submissions of real data.
- The Ditto feature must be turned on before submitting a form with data that should be saved to pre-fill subsequent forms
- Fields pre-filled by the Ditto feature can be edited before the form is submitted.
This setting causes a notification to pop up when a submitted form is received by the ProntoForms server, with a prompt to visit the portal to view data records.
This setting causes a notification to pop up when a a user attempts to submit a form, asking them to confirm. This can help prevent accidental form submissions.
Legacy File Picker
This uses an old version of the ProntoForms app interface to select files instead of using the phone's default file management/selection interface.
ProntoForms has a camera app built into the app. Selecting this option means that mobile users will be able to use their device's default camera app.
External Barcode Scanner
This setting uses the third-party barcode scanning app for Android devices.