- Form Diagram
- Form Properties and Settings
- Pages & Questions
- Navigation and Saving Options
A number of options are available when creating and editing forms. These options are organized into tabs for easy navigation.
To learn more about viewing and editing form details, view the video below.
The form diagram is a visual overview of the form's basic setup: what data sources and form images it accesses, what destinations the form is linked to, and what groups can use the form. Read here for more information about the Form Diagram.
The Form Properties tab contains:
- Form Name (Required)
- Form Description
- Enable/Disable Index Page
The Settings tab contains:
- Data Record Naming (naming of forms in Drafts, Inbox, Outbox, and Sent Tabs)
- Sent Tab Configuration
- Data Record Initiation (is the form dispatch-able?)
- Form Configuration Details and Behaviour
The Pages & Questions tab is where the bulk of from building occurs. This tab contains the Form Builder, where pages and questions are added and customized. Read more about adding pages and questions.
The Documents tab is where documents (which control what format submitted forms can be read in) are linked to the form. Read more about using the documents tab.
Data Destinations, which control where documents are sent, can be linked to a form through the Data Destinations tab. Read more about using the Data Destinations tab.
Navigate by clicking through the tabs at the top. Or, use the Back and Next buttons at the bottom of the screen.
- Notes: This field can be used to note any specific changes or features in a particular form version. This is not a required field, but can be useful when troubleshooting.
Discard Changes: Undoes any changes you have made since creating or opening the form for editing. This does not delete your entire draft. If you wish to delete a draft form, please follow the instructions in Archiving and Deleting Forms.
- Save and Deploy: Saves the form as an Active version and deploys it to mobile devices. Save and deploy is typically used only when a form has been completed and is ready to be deployed to end users.
- Save as Draft: Saves the current form as a draft. Drafts are not deployed to users with standard "Can Submit" permissions.
Note: The Form Builder also auto-saves every few minutes; this allows ProntoForms to recover your work as needed. Using Discard Changes will remove all these auto-saves and revert your form back to either your last "Save as Draft" or the last Active version of your form.