- Access the Pages & Questions Tab
- Question Labels
Note: As of November 2018, you will be unable to create new V1 forms. All new forms must be built in the V2 Form Builder, which is available to all ProntoForms customers (view our FAQ here) For more information on how to enable V2 forms, please read: Enabling Access to V2 Forms.
This is where pages and questions are added to forms. The builder's drag and drop functionality makes it easy to create and edit mobile forms. No programming or special training is required; form building is intuitive enough for any business user to get their forms up and running in no time.
- To access the Pages & Questions tab, select the desired form, and click Edit Form.
- Select the Pages & Questions tab on the centre left.
Pages help break up mobile users' workflow into logical steps that they need to complete. Each page generally contains a set of questions that are related. When a new form is created, it will automatically have a single page.
Create a new page by clicking the button.
Mouse over a page to view available actions.
|Edit Page Properties:
|Move Up: Use to move the selected page up. Alternately, drag it into position by clicking and holding the left-hand edge of the page.|
|Move Down: Use to move the page down. Alternately, drag it into position by clicking and holding the left-hand edge of the page.|
|Copy: Makes a copy of the page and the questions contained in it.|
|Delete: Deletes the selected page. This cannot be undone.|
Every item on a form is considered a question, whether it is a block of information, a dropdown question, a field auto-populated by a data source, a signature area, or even the opportunity to attach a photo. Read more on Form Controls and Data Types.
In the Form Builder, add a new question by clicking the button. Each form question is created by first defining the type of data to collect and the control type.
Click on the question to edit the question text.
Mouse over a question to view available actions:
|Change the control type and data type|
|Edit question properties.|
|Move this question to another page. Alternately, drag it into position by clicking and holding the left-hand edge of the question.|
|Move this question up. Alternately, drag it into position by clicking and holding the left-hand edge of the question.|
|Move this question down. Alternately, drag it into position by clicking and holding the left-hand edge of the question.|
|Copy this question and its properties.|
|Delete this question.|
- Question Text (the text displayed to the user)
- Question Label
- Labels can be referenced in number of ways. Read more about question labels below.
- Question labels should not be edited if they are being referenced in data destinations, etc, as the reference will be broken.
- Question Attributes
- Required - question must be answered
- Read-only - answer cannot be altered by the mobile user
- Hidden on device - question is not visible to mobile user
- Hidden in reports - question is not displayed in the emailed notification report
Control Type Properties and Data Type Properties
Adding "Help" to a form gives mobile users access to support and other resources out in the field. Any question "help" can link to Youtube videos, web pages, or HTML-formatted work instructions and images. Read more on adding Help content to forms.
Question labels are found in the Pages & Questions tab, in the grey area to the right of each question.
They are used in several ways in the ProntoForms system. Use Data Record Expression Language to reference Question Labels in order to:
- Customize file naming and file configuration.
- Set up data record naming.
- Customize documents such as email subject lines and content.
- Customize form dispatching and other data destinations.
- Set up notifications for form submission.
- Set custom filter rules for data destinations.
It is important to carefully consider question labels when building forms. Question labels are automatically generated based on initial question text, but can be modified. If initial question text is changed, question labels will remain the same unless manually changed.
There are two ways to change question labels:
To change a single question label, click on it, enter the new label, and click Save.
To recreate all labels at once to match question text, select Re-Generate Question Labels. Click OK on the confirmation popup.