- About Form Images
- View Form Images
- Create a Form Image
- Edit or Delete a Form Image
What are Form Images?
Form Images are images that you upload to a FormSpace in the web portal. You can then reference these images in questions with a:
- Sketch Pad control
- Resource Image control
- Form Resources help option
You can reference a Form Image from any form within the same FormSpace, as shown in the following illustration.
Because a Form Image is a shared resource within the FormSpace, it's easy to keep all of your forms up to date with the latest version. Simply upload a new Form Image with the same name as the old one - there's no need to manually update any of your forms.
When to use Form Images
Form Images provide reference material for your mobile users. You can use a Form Image as part of the question itself or as part of the answer to a question.
|Example||Setup||Question limit||Page limit||Form limit|
|Before/after photos of an engine repair||Use a Resource Image question to display the images inline as part of a question.||6||10||20|
|Illustrated job steps for servicing a medical device||Put the written instructions in the question text, and provide a Form Resources help option that the user can view on demand.||6||N/A||N/A|
|Building floor plan for a facility inspector to annotate||Use a Sketch Pad question to use the image as part of the answer to a question.||3||N/A||N/A|
Supported file types
Recommended file size
To improve the performance of your forms, such as how long they take to download, think about the image size when it's displayed on a user's mobile device. For example, unless the user needs to display the image full-screen on an iPad or zoom in to see detail, you can upload a smaller file. For logos that you want to display on every page, use smallest file that provides a good quality image.
View Form Images
- Mouse over the Manage Forms tab.
- Choose Form Images from the list.
Any uploaded images are listed.
- Click an image name.
- The next page shows the image, and any forms that reference it.
- Mouse over Manage Forms in the main menu, and select Form Images.
- Select the button.
- Name the form image, and choose the Image File.
- Click Create.
Edit or Delete a Form Image
- Mouse over Manage Forms in the main menu and select Form Images.
- Select the image to edit by clicking on the Form Image's name.
- On the resulting screen, mouse over the dropdown beside the image name and select Edit or Delete.
- If editing, change the Name, Description, or the Image File and click Update.