Each time changes are made to a form and it is deployed, it is saved as a new form version. Old form versions are saved in an Archived state and are retained indefinitely. These archived versions are an invaluable reference when problems are encountered with a form; administrators can look at archived versions to determine what form version the problems originated in and narrow down the cause. Administrators can also revert to an archived version of a form and make it the active version.
Only current Draft versions of forms are saved; once a Draft version is deployed the draft will no longer exist.
Note: To find the Form Version ID, follow the instructions listed here.
To view a list of archived versions of a form, as well as the active version and any current drafts:
- Mouse over the Manage Forms tab, confirm that you are in the desired FormSpace, and select the desired form.
- Mouse over the dropdown beside the form name.
- Select Version History.
The resulting page will list the various form versions from newest to oldest. To delete or copy a form version, mouse over the desired version and select the option from the icons that appear at the right. The options, from left to right, are: Copy, Copy Configuration, and Delete.
Deleting form versions, whether Active or Archived, is not recommended; related data records will be lost and users with the deleted version on their device may encounter problems.
In the event that a new form version is accidentally created, or for any reason an organization needs to revert to using an old version of a form, an Archived version can be made into the Active version of the form.
The recommended method for doing this involves copying the Archived version as a new version.
- View Version History as noted above.
- Mouse over the archived form version.
- Select the Copy icon that appears on the right.
- Target FormSpace: Select the FormSpace the form is currently in
- Target Form: Select Create as New Version of an Existing Form. Then select the form the archived version is derived from.
- Target State: Select Active, or select Draft if the version requires testing.