ProntoForms allows for the configuration of Data Passthrough on a per form basis. Data Passthrough limits storage of form submission data to temporary, encrypted storage. Application code actively deletes the submission data from temporary storage after successful processing of a submission (i.e. no failed destinations). In the case where a destination has failed to execute, data will be deleted from temporary storage between 24 and 48 hours from upload.
It is highly recommended for users of this feature to configure a redundant data destination to help safeguard against loss of data. This data destination should ideally route data to a different location, allowing you to back up your data if there is an issue or outage with the main service you are routing your data to. If there is an issue in the submission processing, the data is held for up to 48 hours. There will be a limited number of automatic re-executions before the data is deleted. If an issue with your data destination is not resolved within 24 hours, your data may be lost.
To enable data record passthrough:
- Select the form you need and click on the Edit Form button.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Under Advanced Properties, select the 'Enable data record passthrough' option.
If you are using Passthrough on your data, you cannot use the following features:
- Editing Form Submissions: As ProntoForms does not retain the data when Passthrough is enabled, there is no data to edit.
- Viewing Form Submissions from the Sent Box: ProntoForms does not retain data when Passthrough is enabled, and therefore mobile users cannot view what was sent after it has been sent.
- Retrieving Form Submissions/Documents via the API: As the API call is triggered externally, by the time it runs, the data has left ProntoForms' systems.
- Advanced Analytics: As ProntoForms cannot retain the information to be sent to an analytics project, Advanced Analytics is incompatible with Data Passthrough.