When using Data Passthrough, which limits storage of form submission data to temporary, encrypted storage, the solution will not retain any submitted form data.. This is a useful setting for organizations who collect sensitive information, but it is only recommended for use in cases where it is necessary, as this setting limits the ability of the ProntoForms team to troubleshoot.
When a form has this feature enabled it is very important to have at least two different types of data destinations handling all data from the form, even if one destination is simply a backup. If a data destination fails for any reason (such as incorrect authentication, a failure/outage of your chosen destination service, etc.) with passthrough turned on, ProntoForms cannot recover any of your missing data.
To enable data record passthrough:
- Select the form you need and click on the Edit Form button.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Under Advanced Properties, select the 'Enable data record passthrough' option.
If you are using Passthrough on your data, you cannot use the following features:
- Editing Form Submissions: As ProntoForms does not retain the data when Passthrough is enabled, there is no data to edit.
- Viewing Form Submissions from the Sent Box: ProntoForms does not retain data when Passthrough is enabled, and therefore mobile users cannot view what was sent after it has been sent.
- Retrieving Form Submissions/Documents via the API: As the API call is triggered externally, by the time it runs, the data has left ProntoForms' systems.
- Advanced Analytics: As ProntoForms cannot retain the information to be sent to an analytics project, Advanced Analytics is incompatible with Data Passthrough.