- Basic Set Up
- File Configuration
- Request/Response Configuration
- Link the Data Destination to Forms
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The HTTP File Upload Data Destination allows you to upload a file containing your form submission to any web application that can be reached via the internet. It takes all the data in form submissions, converts it to a document, and sends that file to your web application or server.
ProntoForms only handles sending a single file or document via the HTTP File Upload Data Destination. Attachments cannot currently be sent separately from the single file or document.
When configuring your web application and web application server, please bear in mind that your environment may have default restrictions on the number and size of files that may be uploaded. These restrictions may need to be tailored to accommodate the data that will be received from the ProntoForms system.
- Create the data destination following the instructions here.
- Destination Basics: Name the destination. Optionally choose to auto-link forms and documents to this destination.
- Add Filtering: With a filter set up, form submissions will only be sent through the destination if the filter is met. Read more here.
- Connection: Set up an HTTP Connection or choose an existing connection.
- Set up the File Configuration and Request/Response Configuration tab as discussed below.
Data Record Document Parameter Name
By default the value is set to "dataRecord." If the destination is configured to send attachments as separate files, the parameter name for the attachments will be <variable>_attachments. The default attachment parameter name is "dataRecord_attachments".
Send attachments in separate files, alongside the Data Record Document.
Optionally choose to send attachments (images, signatures, barcodes, etc) as separate files.
Use the parameter builder to choose which individual answers to send.
- Key: The name of the POST parameter that the destination will use.
- Value Expression: Use Data Record Expression Language to choose the data to send. Use the answer to a question by referencing question labels.
- Note: Answer values which are binary data (e.g. data from an image capture or signature) are base64 encoded.
Select which HTTP response codes indicate a successful call. Optionally, you can use a Regular Expression to analyze the HTTP response body to determine success vs. failure. The Regular Expression results in success if the pattern is found anywhere in the body.
In order for the destination to send any submitted form data, it must first be connected to the form. This is done in the Data Destinations tab of the form builder.
Data destinations should be configured and tested carefully before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received correctly. Please consult the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.