- Basic Set Up
- File Configuration
- Link the Data Destination to Forms
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The Google Drive data destination sends submitted forms to a folder in a Google Drive account. Create custom file and folder names based on data in the form to logically organize and manage files.
Data destinations automatically back up data collected in the field. They reduce the need to visit the web portal by making submitted forms available through the services you already use. Different documents can also be sent to different services with a single form submission. Read here for more information on data destinations.
Google Drive is a cloud storage service that makes stored files available from anywhere, on a number of desktop or mobile device environments. Files can be shared with others to enable seamless collaboration and communication out in the field. Looking for two-way integration? Read more about how ProntoForms connects with Google services.
- Create the data destination following the instructions here.
- Destination Basics: Name the destination. Optionally choose to auto-link forms and documents to this destination.
- Add Filtering: With a filter set up, form submissions will only be sent through the destination if the filter is met. Read more here.
- Connection: Set up a Google Connection or choose an existing connection.
- Set up the File Configuration tab as discussed below.
Send attachments in separate files, alongside the Data Record Document. Optionally choose to send attachments (images, signatures, barcodes, etc) to Google Drive as separate files.
This is the Google Drive folder your documents will be sent to. If the folder doesn't exist yet, it will be created.
- Single folder: Enter the folder name. For a folder named "Inspections", enter "Inspections".
- Multiple folders: Use Data Record Expression Language.
- %f - to sort submissions into folders named after the form.
- %u - to sort submissions into folders named after the user submitting the form.
- %a[Question Label] - to sort submissions into folders named with the answer to a chosen question.
- Optionally add static text for formatting - eg. "%f -- %a[Customer Name]"
- Subfolders: Enter a forward slash (/) following the first folder, and then the name of the subfolder.
- %f/%a[Customer Name] - to sort submissions into folders named after the form, and subfolders named after customers.
In order for the destination to send any submitted form data, it must first be connected to the form. This is done in the Data Destinations tab of the form builder.
Data destinations should be configured and tested carefully before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received correctly. Please consult the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.