(Please note that older articles might not render correctly in mobile view.)
This feature is available on all tiers.
The Microsoft OneDrive data destination sends submitted forms to a folder in a Microsoft OneDrive account. Create custom file and folder names based on data in the form to logically organize and manage files.
For more information on creating a data destination, please read: Creating and Maintaining Data Destinations
Data destinations automatically back up data collected in the field. They reduce the need to visit the web portal by making submitted forms available through the services you already use. Different documents can also be sent to different services with a single form submission. Read here for more information on data destinations.
|Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service. Users can access their documents from their computer, or from any of their mobile devices. Changes are immediately synced to all other platforms. Stored files can easily be shared with others, enabling seamless collaboration and communication out in the field.|
- Create the data destination following the instructions here.
- Connection: Set up a OneDrive Connection or choose an existing connection.
- Set up the File Configuration tab as discussed below.
Send attachments in separate files, alongside the Data Record Document.
Optionally choose to send attachments (images, signatures, barcodes, etc) to OneDrive as separate files.
This is the OneDrive folder your documents will be sent to. If the folder doesn't exist yet, it will be created.
- Single folder: Enter the folder name. For a folder named "Inspections", enter "Inspections".
- Multiple folders: Use Data Record Expression Language.
- %f - to sort submissions into folders named after the form.
- %u - to sort submissions into folders named after the user submitting the form.
- %a[Question Label] - to sort submissions into folders named with the answer to a chosen question.
- Optionally add static text for formatting - eg. "%f -- %a[Customer Name]"
- Subfolders: Enter a forward slash (/) following the first folder, and then the name of the subfolder.
- %f/%a[Customer Name] - to sort submissions into folders named after the form, and subfolders named after customers.
Data destinations should be configured and tested carefully before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received correctly. Please consult the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.