- Basic Set Up
- File Configuration
- Link the Data Destination to Forms
- Fallback Locations
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The Microsoft Sites Document Library Data Destination sends submitted forms to Sharepoint Online using the Office 365 Connection. Create custom file and folder names based on data in the form to logically organize and manage files.
Data destinations automatically back up data collected in the field. They reduce the need to visit the web portal by making submitted forms available through the services you already use. Different documents can also be sent to different services with a single form submission. Read here for more information on data destinations.
Microsoft Sites (also known as Sharepoint Online) is a part of the Office 365 suite of tools and services. Document Libraries are file repositories on users' collaborative Sites.
- Create the data destination following the instructions here.
- Destination Basics: Name the destination. Optionally choose to auto-link forms and documents to this destination.
- Add Filtering: With a filter set up, form submissions will only be sent through the destination if the filter is met. Read more here.
- Connection: Set up an Office 365 Connection or choose an existing connection.
- Set up the File Configuration tab as discussed below.
This tab is where you set up where ProntoForms sends your form submissions. As long as the connection is configured, the form submission will be sent regardless of whether the site path (Data Record Document Folder Expression) is correct. For more information on fallback locations for form submissions, please jump down to read: Fallback Locations
Send attachments in separate files, alongside the Data Record Document.
Optionally choose to send attachments (images, signatures, barcodes, etc) as separate files.
The site prefix is the part of your site path that tells us where the Document Library you're trying to send form submissions to is, relative to the main site. There are three types it could be:
- / : The Sharepoint URL, e.g. https://companyname.sharepoint.com, aka the root site.
- /sites/: A sub-site to the main company Sharepoint, e.g. https://companyname.sharepoint.com/sites/SubSiteName
- /teams/: A team site created for a specific group of people on the main company Sharepoint, e.g. https://companyname.sharepoint.com/teams/TeamName
The folder expression tells ProntoForms where to deliver your documents. This section details how you find and enter the folder expression when setting up the Document Library Data Destination. You can find the URL for your Document Library in your browser address bar, or in the Settings listing, as shown below.
The folder expression should be in this format:
So, in the case of our example screenshot:
engineering/Health and Safety Demo/Forms
While all of these are optional, you must provide at least one.
In order for the destination to send any submitted form data, it must first be connected to the form. This is done in the Data Destinations tab of the form builder.
If your folder expression is incorrect but the Connection is functional, ProntoForms will still send the form submission to your Sharepoint site. If you cannot find a form submission in the target folder or document library, please:
- Check your file path to ensure the file prefix and folder expression are both correct.
- Check the following locations:
- the root site or base sharepoint URL (/) if a site is not found or provided.
- Documents (Shared%20Documents) if a document library is not found or provided.
Data destinations should be configured and tested carefully before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received correctly. Please consult the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.