Looking for information about ProntoForms features and functionality? Visit our Product Documentation Portal.
- Basic Set Up
- File Configuration
- Link the Data Destination to Forms
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The FTP/Secure FTP Data Destination sends data from submitted forms to an FTP or SFTP site. The destination FTP site could be hosted on an enterprise server with access to the internet, or could be a cloud-based FTP service.
To set up a destination, follow the instructions here: Creating and Maintaining Data Destinations
Data destinations automatically back up data collected in the field. They reduce the need to visit the web portal by making submitted forms available through the services you already use. Different documents can also be sent to different services with a single form submission. Read here for more information on data destinations.
Send attachments in separate files, alongside the Form Submission
Optionally choose to send attachments (images, signatures, barcodes, etc) as separate files.
This is the folder your documents will be sent to. If the folder doesn't exist yet, it will be created.
- Single folder: Enter the folder name. For a folder named "Inspections", enter "Inspections".
- Multiple folders: Use Data Record Expression Language.
- %f - to sort submissions into folders named after the form.
- %u - to sort submissions into folders named after the user submitting the form.
- %a[Unique ID] - to sort submissions into folders named with the answer to a chosen question. Find more information on Unique IDs here.
- Optionally add static text for formatting - eg. "%f -- %a[Customer Name]"
Data destinations should be configured and tested carefully before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received correctly. Please consult the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.