- File Configuration
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The Amazon S3 data destination sends submitted forms to an Amazon S3 bucket. Create custom file and folder names based on data in the form to logically organize and manage files.
Data destinations automatically back up data collected in the field. They reduce the need to visit the web portal by making submitted forms available through the services you already use. Different documents can also be sent to different services with a single form submission. Read here for more information on data destinations.
Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) is an online storage service that allows users to store and retrieve data from anywhere, at any time. "Lifecycle" rules can be set up, making it easy to transfer data to Amazon Glacier for cheaper long-term storage.
Objects in S3 are organized into "Buckets." Enter the name of an existing bucket. ProntoForms cannot create new buckets in S3.
Set up an Amazon Web Services Connection or use an existing connection.
Attach custom metadata to the document sent to S3. Metadata consists of key: value pairs that belong to files. For example, an invoice document may have a key:value pair of
- Key: Enter static text.
- Value: Value expressions usually include Data Record Expression Language. Use data from submitted forms as the value; collect the answers to specific questions with Unique IDs.
Amazon S3 Server-Side Encryption (SSE)
Amazon Web Services can handle the encryption and decryption of your S3 objects for you with Server-Side Encryption (SSE); strong multi-factor encryption using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES-256) encrypts your data and there is no need to manage your own encryption keys. Decryption happens automatically when you retrieve data from your S3 bucket. Read more about SSE here: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/UsingServerSideEncryption.html
Request that your ProntoForms-submitted data is encrypted by adding a request header to your data destination configuration. Under Custom Header Values, enter
x-amz-server-side-encryption as the key and set the value to
Send attachments in separate files, alongside the Data Record Document.
Optionally choose to send attachments (images, signatures, barcodes, etc) as separate files.
This is the folder your documents will be sent to. If the folder doesn't exist yet, it will be created.
- Single folder: Enter the folder name. For a folder named "Inspections", enter "Inspections".
- Multiple folders: Use Data Record Expression Language.
- %f - to sort submissions into folders named after the form.
- %u - to sort submissions into folders named after the user submitting the form.
- %a[Unique ID] - to sort submissions into folders named with the answer to a chosen question. Read more about Unique IDs.
- Optionally add static text for formatting - eg. "%f -- %a[Customer Name]"
Data destinations should be configured and tested carefully before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received correctly. Please consult the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.