- Basic Set Up
- File Configuration
- Link the Data Destination to Forms
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The Amazon Glacier data destination sends submitted forms to an Amazon Glacier "Vault". Create custom file and folder names based on data in the form to logically organize and manage files.
Data destinations automatically back up data collected in the field. They reduce the need to visit the web portal by making submitted forms available through the services you already use. Different documents can also be sent to different services with a single form submission. Read here for more information on data destinations.
Amazon Glacier is a low-cost web service for data archiving and backup. Glacier is intended for storing data that is accessed infrequently, and for which longer retrieval times of 3-5 hours are acceptable.
- Create the data destination following the instructions here.
- Destination Basics: Name the destination. Optionally choose to auto-link forms and documents to this destination.
- Add Filtering: With a filter set up, form submissions will only be sent through the destination if the filter is met. Read more here.
- Set up the Connection and File Configuration tabs as discussed below.
Objects in Glacier are organized into "vaults." Enter the name of an existing vault. ProntoForms cannot create new vaults in Glacier.
Set up an Amazon Web Services Connection or use an existing connection.
Configure an object description using static text, data record expression language, or a combination of the two.
Send attachments in separate files, alongside the Data Record Document.
Optionally choose to send attachments (images, signatures, barcodes, etc) as separate files.
In order for the destination to send any submitted form data, it must first be connected to the form. This is done in the Data Destinations tab of the form builder.
Data destinations should be configured and tested carefully before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received correctly. Please consult the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.