Looking for information about ProntoForms features and functionality? Visit our Product Documentation Portal.
- Basic Set Up
- Ticket Fields
- Zendesk Account Subdomain
- Ticket Metadata
- Submitter User ID
- Requester Name and Address
- Ticket Subject Line and Comment
- Links and Attachments
- Link the Data Destination to Forms
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The Zendesk Ticket data destination create a Zendesk "ticket" using data from a submitted form. Create custom file and folder names based on data in the form to logically organize and manage files.
Use your forms to specify priorities and ticket types, and to create dynamic, customized subject lines and comments. Not all of the data in a submitted form needs to appear in the Zendesk ticket; pick and choose the applicable fields to include, and even include photos as ticket attachments. The Zendesk Data Destination can create new Zendesk users, or submit tickets through an existing user whose email address matches the Pronto user's email address.
Data destinations automatically back up data collected in the field. They reduce the need to visit the web portal by making submitted forms available through the services you already use. Different documents can also be sent to different services with a single form submission. Read here for more information on data destinations.
Zendesk is cloud-based customer service platform offering tools for customer support, self-service support, help desk ticket creation, and issue tracking. Zendesk is accessible through the web or through the Zendesk mobile app, and easily integrates with content management systems, customer relationship management tools, and other web apps.
- Create the data destination following the instructions here.
- Connection: Set up a Zendesk Connection or choose an existing connection.
- Set up the File Configuration tab as discussed below.
This is the first part of your Zendesk URL. eg If your URL is https://<mybusiness>.zendesk.com/, enter 'mybusiness'.
Optionally set a ticket type and priority level. Use Data Record Expression Language to use data from the form to fill these, or just enter static text.
- Valid ticket types are: "problem", "incident", "question", or "task".
- Valid priority levels are: "urgent", "high", "normal", or "low".
If allowing a mobile user to select a priority or type, it is recommended that a radiobutton or dropdown question is used to avoid entry errors that may cause tickets to be labeled improperly.
Use Data Record Expression Language to optionally select a Zendesk user based on ID, if they have an ID other than an email address listed in Zendesk.
Use Data Record Expression Language to fill the requester's information. If the user does not yet exist in Zendesk, a user account will be created.
Use Data Record Expression Language to use data from the form to create subject lines and comments. For example, use "Test Ticket - %f - %a[Customer Name]" to create a subject like "Test Ticket - Invoice Request Form - Customer ABC."
- Optionally check off the "Include link to Data Record in ticket comment?" box to include a link to the data record in the ProntoForms portal.
- Optionally include your photos, sketch pads, and signatures as attachments in the Zendesk ticket. Simply provide a comma separated list of attachment questions' unique IDs - no DREL is required. Note: Only questions with an Attachment data type can be included as attachments. These are either images (camera or sketch pad), audio, signatures, and other files.
Data destinations should be configured and tested carefully before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received correctly. Please consult the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.