- Set up the Data Destination
- Link Documents to Salesforce Destination
- Destination Response Output
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The Salesforce Account Data Destination creates or updates accounts in Salesforce when mobile forms are submitted. Account and contact information are completed based on answers provided in forms. Combine with other Salesforce data destinations to perform other actions (like creating a case) with the data from a single form submission.
Note: ProntoForms currently supports Salesforce API version 24 for this data destination.
|Organizations of all sizes use the Salesforce platform to manage customer relationships and power their business in the cloud. Looking for two-way integration? Read more about the ways ProntoForms can connect to Salesforce.|
Create the data destination, selecting Salesforce Account Data Destination as the type.
- Name the destination.
- Select "auto-link" to link any forms you create in the future.
- Manually link existing forms to the destination.
- Optionally set up filter rules. The data destination will only create/update a record when these conditions are met.
- Connect the destination to Salesforce. Use an existing connection, or set up a new Salesforce Connection.
4. Account Fields
Provide values for the standard account fields. Use Data Record Expression Language (DREL) to reference data in form submissions.
- Enter %a[Question Label] to use the answer to a question. Read more about finding question labels here.
- Enter %u[name] to use the submitter's name.
- Enter %d to use the submission date or %t to use the submission time.
- Optionally combine DREL with static text.
- Not all fields need a value. Fill out the fields you need data for, and any fields required in Salesforce.
ProntoForms supports sending image, audio, file, and signature attachments to Salesforce Data Destinations. This option can be found under the Fields tab.
- Locate the attachment (photo, signature, audio, or file attachment) type question in the form builder and find the label.
- Enter the appropriate labels into the Attachments to send field. Use commas to separate the question labels.
Note: These attachments follow the Update Query setting, meaning that new versions of previously-uploaded files will be updated instead of renamed.
Send data to the object's custom fields. Note: The Geolocation custom field is currently not supported.
- Salesforce API Name: Enter the API name of the custom field (found through the "Describe Salesforce Object" button).
- Value Expression: Use Data Record Expression Language (DREL) to reference data in form submissions.
- By default, new records will be created in Salesforce when the destination executes.
- Optionally set up the data destination to update existing records. Read more here.
You can upload a document of a form submission sent to a Salesforce data destination as an attachment to the record being created or updated. This allows you to maintain a full record of your data in the document format your customer or office sees. For more information on documents, please read: The Data Destination Tab - Documents
You can attach any document type to the Salesforce Account, Lead, Contact, Opportunity, Case, and Custom Object data destinations in the following places:
- Form Builder
- Form Copy/Move
- Destination create/edit (When auto-link is enabled for forms)
When you submit a form, the selected document will appear in the "attachments" related list. In order for the "attachments" related list to show up, you must configure your Salesforce account to allow it. For information on how to do this, please read Salesforce's documentation on this: Modify a Page Layout.
Destination Response Output
Destination response outputs allow users to make sequential requests to other systems, typically to create parent-child relationships in the data or objects you are creating in those systems. For example, a user might want to create an object in a first destination, and have destination response outputs pass the ID for that object to the next destination to add an appropriate attachment to it.
Click here for more information: Destination Response Output
Test all data destinations before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received. Please read the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.