- Set up the Data Destination
- Document Fields
- Document Component
- Update Query
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The Salesforce Document Data Destination creates documents in Salesforce when mobile forms are submitted. Account and contact information are completed based on answers provided in forms. Combine with other Salesforce data destinations to perform other actions (like creating a case) with the data from a single form submission.
|Organizations of all sizes use the Salesforce platform to manage customer relationships and power their business in the cloud. Looking for two-way integration? Read more about the ways ProntoForms can connect to Salesforce.|
Create the data destination, selecting Salesforce Document Data Destination as the type.
- Name the destination.
- Select "auto-link" to link any forms you create in the future.
- Manually link existing forms to the destination.
- Optionally set up filter rules. The data destination will only create/update a record when these conditions are met.
- Connect the destination to Salesforce. Use an existing connection, or set up a new Salesforce Connection.
4. Document Fields
Provide values for the standard document fields. Use Data Record Expression Language (DREL) to reference data in form submissions.
"The Document is Public" and "This Document to be used internally":
- Will only accept the values "true" or "false". Values must be in lowercase.
- If using DREL to fill these fields, use a radiobutton, drop down, or Yes/No control type to avoid user errors in data entry.
- The Yes/No control type returns "true" and "false" as answers.
- Keywords: Separate with a comma.
Send data to the object's custom fields. Note: The Geolocation custom field is currently not supported.
- Salesforce API Name: Enter the API name of the custom field (found through the "Describe Salesforce Object" button).
- Value Expression: Use Data Record Expression Language (DREL) to reference data in form submissions.
- By default, new records will be created in Salesforce when the destination executes.
- Optionally set up the data destination to update existing records. Read more here.
6. Document Component
Choose the type of document to send to Salesforce.
Document Time Zone Source
Set the time zone of time stamps on the Document. This can be used to override team or data record settings.
- Team Preference Setting: Time stamps will be displayed in the data record timezone selected in Team Settings.
- Data Record: Time stamps will use the timezone on the submitter's device.
- Custom: Select a time zone specific to this data destination.
There are two options for the handling of file attachments; these can be toggled independently of one another, or used in combination.
- Embed attachments within the Data Record Document: Embeds attachments directly into the data record; this is commonly used to embed an image or signature embedded into a PDF or Word DOC. This is recommended when the context of image (the corresponding question text, etc) is important.
- Send attachments in separate files: Sends the original attachment file alongside the data record. This is useful for receiving full quality images submitted along with the data record.
Data Record Document Folder Expression
This specifies the path or directory to transfer the completed form data to. This can be a static destination (I.e. for a folder named “Expenses” enter “Expenses”), or it can be dynamically derived from the submitted data through Data Record Expression Language. For example, entering “%a[Question Label]” will use the answer to the specified question as the folder title; this is often used to organize data into folders based on customer name. Read more about question labels here.
- If the folder expression is left blank: all documents will be saved to the personal documents folder of the Salesforce user whose credentials were used to establish the Salesforce Connection.
- If the folder specified does not exist: a new folder will be created. Note: When creating a new documents folder through the data destination, the folder name must begin with an alphanumeric character, not end with an underscore, and not contain two consecutive underscores.
- If the folder specified already exists: documents will be published to this folder. Type the folder name exactly as it appears in Salesforce -- spaces are allowed. The Salesforce user used to establish the connection must have read/write level access to this folder.
Data Record Document Filename Expression
This will determine the filename of the document in Salesforce. For a list of possible expressions please see Data Record Expression Language.
Test all data destinations before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received. Please read the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.