(Please note that older articles might not render correctly in mobile view.)
- Set up the Data Destination
- Destination Response Output
- Link Documents to a Salesforce Destination
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The Salesforce Contact Data Destination creates or updates contacts in Salesforce when mobile forms are submitted. Contact information is completed based on answers provided in forms. Combine with other Salesforce data destinations to perform other actions (like creating a case) with the data from a single form submission.
Note: ProntoForms currently supports Salesforce API version 24 for this data destination.
|Organizations of all sizes use the Salesforce platform to manage customer relationships and power their business in the cloud. Looking for two-way integration? Read more about the ways ProntoForms can connect to Salesforce.|
Create the data destination, selecting Salesforce Contact Data Destination as the type.
- Name the destination.
- Select "auto-link" to link any forms you create in the future.
- Manually link existing forms to the destination.
- Optionally set up filter rules. The data destination will only create/update a record when these conditions are met.
- Connect the destination to Salesforce. Use an existing connection, or set up a new Salesforce Connection.
4. Contact Fields
Provide values for the standard contact fields. Use Data Record Expression Language (DREL) to reference data in form submissions.
- Enter %a[Unique ID] to use the answer to a question. Read more about finding Unique IDs here.
- Enter %u[name] to use the submitter's name.
- Enter %d to use the submission date or %t to use the submission time.
- Optionally combine DREL with static text.
- Not all fields need a value. Fill out the fields you need data for, and any fields required in Salesforce.
Send data to the object's custom fields. Note: The Geolocation custom field is currently not supported.
- Salesforce API Name: Enter the API name of the custom field (found through the "Describe Salesforce Object" button).
- Value Expression: Use Data Record Expression Language (DREL) to reference data in form submissions.
Documents and images collected in ProntoForms can be sent to Salesforce and attached to records.
Attachment Upload Location
This option affects both Documents sent through destinations, as well as any image, audio, or file attachments. It controls which location they are stored in once added to a record.
Depending on your Salesforce configuration and version, attachments on records may be stored in "Files" or "Notes & Attachments". Choose the option that matches your current Salesforce setup.
Attachments to Send
Choose which image, audio, file, and signature attachments to send to Salesforce.
- Locate the attachment (photo, signature, audio, or file attachment) type question in the form builder and find the unique ID.
- Navigate to or create a Salesforce Custom Object data destination, and then select the Attachments tab.
- Enter the appropriate unique IDs into the Attachments to send field. Use commas to separate the unique IDs.
Note: These attachments are handled as defined on the Update Query tab, where you can choose to create new records or update existing records.
- By default, new records will be created in Salesforce when the destination executes.
- Optionally set up the data destination to update existing records. Read more here.
Destination Response Output
Destination response outputs allow users to make sequential requests to other systems, typically to create parent-child relationships in the data or objects you are creating in those systems. For example, a user might want to create an object in a first destination, and have destination response outputs pass the ID for that object to the next destination to add an appropriate attachment to it.
Click here for more information: Destination Response Output
You can upload a document of a form submission sent to a Salesforce data destination as an attachment to the record being created or updated. This allows you to maintain a full record of your data in the document format your customer or office sees. For more information on documents, please read: The Data Destination Tab - Documents
You can attach any document type to the Salesforce Account, Lead, Contact, Case, and Custom Object data destinations in the following places:
- Form Builder
- Form Copy/Move
- Destination create/edit (When auto-link is enabled for forms)
When you submit a form, the selected document will appear in the "attachments" related list. In order for the "attachments" related list to show up, you must configure your Salesforce account to allow it. For information on how to do this, please read Salesforce's documentation on this: Modify a Page Layout.
Test all data destinations before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received. Please read the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.