- Set up the Data Destination
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The Salesforce Custom Object Data Destination creates or updates records in Salesforce when mobile forms are submitted. Fields are completed based on answers provided in forms. Combine with other Salesforce data destinations to perform other actions (like creating a case) with the data from a single form submission. The Custom Object destination can also be used with any Standard Object in Salesforce, including objects in Field Service Lightning.
|Organizations of all sizes use the Salesforce platform to manage customer relationships and power their business in the cloud. Looking for two-way integration? Read more about the ways ProntoForms can connect to Salesforce.|
Create the data destination, selecting Salesforce Custom Object Data Destination as the type.
- Name the destination.
- Select "auto-link" to link any forms you create in the future.
- Manually link existing forms to the destination.
- Optionally set up filter rules. The data destination will only create/update a record when these conditions are met.
- Connect the destination to Salesforce. Use an existing connection, or set up a new Salesforce Connection.
4. Custom Object Fields
Enter the API Name of the custom object. Read here for details on how to locate this in Salesforce.
ProntoForms supports sending image, audio, file, and signature attachments to Salesforce Data Destinations. This option can be found under the Fields tab.
- Locate the attachment (photo, signature, audio, or file attachment) type question in the form builder and find the unique ID.
- Enter the appropriate unique IDs into the Attachments to send field. Use commas to separate the unique IDs.
Note: These attachments follow the Update Query setting, meaning that new versions of previously-uploaded files will be updated instead of renamed.
Send data to the object's custom fields. Note: The Geolocation custom field is currently not supported.
- Salesforce API Name: Enter the API name of the custom field (found through the "Describe Salesforce Object" button).
- Value Expression: Use Data Record Expression Language (DREL) to reference data in form submissions.
- By default, new records will be created in Salesforce when the destination executes.
- Optionally set up the data destination to update existing records.
- If you wish to write form data to existing custom objects, you must match a custom object field name with the corresponding field value in the form. For example:
This shows that the form submission data will always be written to an existing Salesforce Custom Object containing the "Customer Selection" value in the "Name" field in Salesforce.
- To insert ProntoForms form data into a Salesforce custom object, you must create a tab for that custom object in Salesforce.
- This requires a user with Read/Create permissions for the Salesforce account.
- To do this, follow Salesforce's instructions: Creating Custom Object Tabs.
Test all data destinations before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received. Please read the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.