- Set up the Data Destination
- Custom Object Fields
- Update Query
- Destination Response Output
- Create Tab in Salesforce
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The Salesforce Custom Object Data Destination creates or updates records in Salesforce when mobile forms are submitted. The Custom Object destination can also be used with any Standard Object in Salesforce, including objects in Field Service Lightning.
Note: ProntoForms currently supports Salesforce API version 42 for this data destination.
|Organizations of all sizes use the Salesforce platform to manage customer relationships and power their business in the cloud. Looking for two-way integration? Read more about the ways ProntoForms can connect to Salesforce.|
Create the data destination, selecting Salesforce Custom Object Data Destination as the type.
- Name the destination.
- Manually link existing forms to the destination.
- Optionally set up filter rules. The data destination will only create/update records when these conditions are met.
- Connect the destination to Salesforce. Use an existing connection, or set up a new Salesforce Connection.
4. Custom Object Fields
Enter the API Name of the custom object. Read here for details on how to locate this in Salesforce.
Send data to the object's standard or custom fields.
Note: The Geolocation custom field is currently not supported.
- Salesforce API Name: Enter the API name of the standard or custom field
(This can be found through the "Describe Salesforce Object" button in ProntoForms).
- Value Expression: Use Data Record Expression Language (DREL) to reference data in form submissions using the question label.
ProntoForms supports sending image, audio, file, and signature attachments to Salesforce Data Destinations. This option can be found under the Fields tab.
- Locate the attachment (photo, signature, audio, or file attachment) type question in the form builder and find the unique ID.
- Enter the appropriate unique IDs into the Attachments to send field. Use commas to separate the unique IDs.
Note: These attachments follow the Update Query setting, meaning that new versions of previously-uploaded files will be updated instead of renamed.
- By default, new records will be created in Salesforce when the destination executes.
- Optionally set up the data destination to update existing records.
- If you wish to write form data to existing custom objects, you must match a custom object field name with the corresponding field value in the form.
- For example:
This shows that the form submission data will always be written to an existing Salesforce Custom Object containing the "Customer Selection" value in the "Name" field in Salesforce.
Destination Response Outputs
Destination response outputs allow users to make sequential requests, typically to create parent-child relationships when creating records. For example, a user might want to create a record in a first destination, and have destination response outputs pass the ID for that record to the next destination to add an appropriate attachment to it.
Click here for more information: Destination Response Output
Test all data destinations before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received. Please read the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.