- Basic Set Up
- Custom Metadata
- File Configuration
- Link the Data Destination to Forms
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The ShareFile data destination sends submitted forms to a folder in a ShareFile account. Create custom file and folder names based on data in the form to logically organize and manage files.
Data destinations automatically back up data collected in the field. They reduce the need to visit the web portal by making submitted forms available through the services you already use. Different documents can also be sent to different services with a single form submission. Read here for more information on data destinations.
ShareFile is an enterprise file-sharing and cloud storage service. With the ShareFile mobile app, users can edit, sync and share files from any device, enabling further workforce mobilization.
Watch the video below for an overview of integrating ProntoForms with ShareFile.
- Create the data destination following the instructions here.
- Destination Basics: Name the destination. Optionally choose to auto-link forms and documents to this destination.
- Add Filtering: With a filter set up, form submissions will only be sent through the destination if the filter is met. Read more here.
- Connection: Set up a ShareFile Connection or choose an existing connection.
- Set up the File Configuration tab as discussed below.
Optionally configure custom metadata to attach to the data record document sent to Sharefile. Metadata consists of key: value pairs that belong to files. For example, an invoice data record document may have a key:value pair of
- Key: Enter static text.
- Value: Value expressions can be configured with static text, but typically use Data Record Expression Language. Configure which data from the submitted form will be sent as the value; collect the answers to specific questions by referencing Question Labels.
Send attachments in separate files, alongside the Data Record Document.
Optionally choose to send attachments (images, signatures, barcodes, etc) as separate files.
This is the ShareFile folder your documents will be sent to. If the folder doesn't exist yet, it will be created.
- Single folder: Enter the folder name. For a folder named "Inspections", enter "Inspections".
- Multiple folders: Use Data Record Expression Language.
- %f - to sort submissions into folders named after the form.
- %u - to sort submissions into folders named after the user submitting the form.
- %a[Question Label] - to sort submissions into folders named with the answer to a chosen question.
- Optionally add static text for formatting - eg. "%f -- %a[Customer Name]"
Subfolders: Enter a forward slash (/) following the first folder, and then the name of the subfolder.
- %f/%a[Customer Name] - to sort submissions into folders named after the form, and subfolders named after customers.
In order for the destination to send any submitted form data, it must first be connected to the form. This is done in the Data Destinations tab of the form builder.
Data destinations should be configured and tested carefully before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received correctly. Please consult the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.