Note: The ProntoForms connection with QuickBooks must be made with a QuickBooks Online Plus account. Learn how to check if an account is QuickBooks Online Plus.
The QuickBooks Online Estimate Data Destination creates estimates in QuickBooks Online when mobile forms are submitted, and automatically attaches them to the appropriate clients' accounts. QuickBooks Online Data Destinations must pull some date from a QuickBooks Online Data Source to work properly.
For an overview on requirements for integrating Quickbooks and ProntoForms, please read: Quickbooks Online: Prerequisites and Setup.
Organizations of all sizes use QuickBooks Online to manage their accounting processes. QuickBooks Online is highly customizable and designed to work with add-on applications, making it a flexible and powerful tool for managing many of your business functions. Looking for two-way integration? Read more about the ways ProntoForms can connect to QuickBooks Online.
Create the data destination, selecting QuickBooks Online Data Destination as the type.
Under the Destination Basics tab:
Name (Required): Create a name for the destination.
Auto-Link new forms to this destination: Automatically connect any forms you create in the future to the destination. This will only work if future forms have all required matching labels.
Under the Filtering tab, optionally set up filter rules. The data destination will only create/update a record when these conditions are met.
Form Version State
Archived: Only archived forms will be sent to the data destination.
Active: Only active forms will be sent to the data destination.
Draft: Only draft forms will be sent to the data destination.
Data Record State
Complete: Only completed data records will be sent to the data destination.
Dispatch Declined: Only data records that have been declined will be sent to the data destination.
Use data record expression language to create filter rules based on questions in the submitted form.
- Match All: Forms will only be sent to the destination if they meet all listed filter requirements.
- Match Any: Forms will be sent to the destination if they meet any of the listed requirements.
Under the Connection tab, connect the destination to QuickBooks Online. Use an existing connection, or set up a new QuickBooks Online Connection. When creating a new connection, it is necessary to Name the connection.
QuickBooks Online will pull answers to questions from your form based on the question labels provided in this tab.
Use data record expression language to reference the question that collects:
Customer ID (Required): The unique customer ID being collected must match a QuickBooks Onine customer ID.
- Note: This number must be pulled from a QuickBooks Data Source. To populate a form with Customer IDs, set up a QuickBooks Online Data Source.
- Email: The customer's email must be collected using an email data type.
- Billing Address
- Zip/Postal Code
Note: Read how to add multiple line items below.
- Note: To populate a form with Product/Service IDs, set up a QuickBooks Online Data Source.
- Product/Service ID (Required): When building the form, the question label must include [##]. Additionally, the unique ID numbers of products or services being collected must match existing QuickBooks Online product/service IDs.
- Amount (Required)
- Discount Percent
Test all data destinations before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received. Please read the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.