Looking for information about ProntoForms features and functionality? Visit our Product Documentation Portal.
- Basic Set Up
- File Configuration
- Link the Data Destination to Forms
- Testing and Troubleshooting
The Microsoft OneDrive for Business data destination sends submitted forms to a folder in a Microsoft OneDrive for Business account. Create custom file and folder names based on data in the form to logically organize and manage files.
To set up a data destination, please follow the instructions here: Creating and Maintaining Data Destinations
Data destinations automatically back up data collected in the field. They reduce the need to visit the web portal by making submitted forms available through the services you already use. Different documents can also be sent to different services with a single form submission. Read here for more information on data destinations.
|Microsoft OneDrive for Business is a secure cloud-based storage service designed to utilize on-premises solutions with the cloud. Users can access their documents from their computer, or from any of their mobile devices. Changes are immediately synced to all other platforms. Stored files can easily be shared with others, enabling seamless collaboration and communication out in the field.|
- Create the data destination following the instructions here.
- Connection: Set up a OneDrive Connection or choose an existing connection.
- Set up the File Configuration tab as discussed below.
Send attachments in separate files, alongside the Data Record Document.
Optionally choose to send attachments (images, signatures, barcodes, etc) to OneDrive as separate files.
This is the OneDrive folder your documents will be sent to. If the folder doesn't exist yet, it will be created.
- Single folder: Enter the folder name. For a folder named "Inspections", enter "Inspections".
- Multiple folders: Use Data Record Expression Language.
- %f - to sort submissions into folders named after the form.
- %u - to sort submissions into folders named after the user submitting the form.
- %a[unique ID] - to sort submissions into folders named with the answer to a chosen question. Read more about Unique IDs.
- Optionally add static text for formatting - eg. "%f -- %a[Customer Name]"
- Subfolders: Enter a forward slash (/) following the first folder, and then the name of the subfolder.
- %f/%a[Customer Name] - to sort submissions into folders named after the form, and subfolders named after customers.
- Please note: the folder expression cannot contain spaces or special characters. If your folder expression contains either of these, the data destination will fail to execute.
Data destinations should be configured and tested carefully before using them in production. This is key to ensuring that ProntoForms data is received correctly. Please consult the recommendations for testing and troubleshooting data destinations.
Office 365 Business expires the ProntoForms connection token every 90 days. This requires ProntoForms Administrators with appropriate permissions to reset the connection in the ProntoForms system when the connection token expires. For information on how to do this, follow this link: Microsoft 365 Business Connection