A ProntoForms User Data Source compiles information about the users in a selected ProntoForms group, and makes the collected fields (like user ID, Display Name, First Name, Last Name, email address, and other information set in the User Profile) available for use in a form.
Once the data source is created, there is no maintenance required; the User Data Source updates immediately and automatically when a user is added or removed to the group, or if any user information changes.
Though this data source has many possibilities in terms of usage, it is a key element in dispatching forms to users with the Dispatch Data Destination.
- Create the data source as described here.
- Select User Data Source as the type.
- Name the data source and optionally enter a Description.
- Set up the data source based on information on the specified source type.
- In the Group tab, select the Target Group of users to compile data from.
- Select "Push updates to devices" to prompt a reconcile on mobile devices when any updates are made to the group (users added or deleted, names updated, etc).
Shown below are some of the columns for which user data is compiled into the data source (and therefore available for referencing in forms). This is not an exhaustive list. As with any fields in a form, string concatenation can be used to combine answers into one field; this would be useful for creating a "Full Name" field by combining "First Name" and "Last Name" (which could also be auto-populated based on username).