Looking for information about ProntoForms features and functionality? Visit our Product Documentation Portal.
The Email Connection is used to link a ProntoForms Email Data destination to your SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server. If choosing to use your own SMTP Server to send emails via an Email Data Destination, an Email Connection is mandatory.
One of the benefits of using an Email Connection to your own SMTP server is that emails sent by Email Destinations can come from an email address on your domain, rather than from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enterprise and Cloud Connections link to external services from which data sources can import data, and to which data destinations can route data. Read more about Connections here.
In order to correctly configure the connection, you will need to reference the details provided by your SMTP server provider.
- Name the Connection and optionally provide a description.
- Select the FormSpaces that are allowed to use this connection. This step will be skipped if creating a new connection while creating a Data Destination or Data Source, as the connection will automatically be linked to the FormSpace the Data Destination is in.
- Remote Host: This is the server name for your SMTP server. For example, Gmail's hostname is: smtp.gmail.com
- Override port: This is the port that your mail server expects communication to come through. Consult your delivery provider's documentation for ports that work with their service.
- Authentication: Provide user credentials for your SMTP server or check off "Anonymous Access".
- Use TLS (Transport Layer Security): The TLS protocol provides a way to encrypt a communication channel between two applications over the Internet.
- Use custom "From" Email Address. If enabled, you can specify which email address should be on the "From" line of emails sent using this connection.
- Click the Create button.