The FTP/Secure FTP Connection is used to link ProntoForms to your FTP or Secure FTP server. This allows the use of the FTP/SFTP Data Destination to route submitted form data, and use of the FTP/SFTP Data Source to fill/update data sources. Note that the Connection will only be used if referenced in the FTP/Secure FTP Data Destination/Data Source configuration.
Enterprise and Cloud Connections link to external services from which data sources can import data, and to which data destinations can route data. Read more about Connections here.
- Name the Connection and optionally provide a description.
- Select the FormSpaces that are allowed to use this connection. This step will be skipped if creating a new connection while creating a Data Destination or Data Source, as the connection will automatically be linked to the FormSpace the Data Destination or Data Source is in.
- Configure the connection:
- Server Type: Choose FTP or SFTP.
- Remote Host: Enter the URL or IP address of the FTP/SFTP site.
- Override Port : Leave blank to use port 21 for FTP, 22 for SFTP.
- Authentication : Enter your credentials, or:
- FTP: check off "Anonymous Access" to skip this step.
- SFTP: Use a Private Key.