(Please note that older articles might not render correctly in mobile view.)
The FTP/Secure FTP Connection is used to link ProntoForms to your FTP or Secure FTP server. This allows the use of the FTP/SFTP Data Destination to route submitted form data, and use of the FTP/SFTP Data Source to fill/update data sources. Note that the Connection will only be used if referenced in the FTP/Secure FTP Data Destination/Data Source configuration.
Many modern cloud storage services now support the FTP protocols, including services such as Egnyte secure enterprise file sharing and others. If ProntoForms doesn't provide a native connection for your storage service of choice, you might be able to use the FTP/Secure FTP Connection for your Data Sources and Data Destinations. Check with your preferred service to see if they support FTP.
Enterprise and Cloud Connections link to external services from which data sources can import data, and to which data destinations can route data. Read more about Connections here.
- Name the Connection and optionally provide a description.
- Select the FormSpaces that are allowed to use this connection. This step will be skipped if creating a new connection while creating a Data Destination or Data Source, as the connection will automatically be linked to the FormSpace the Data Destination or Data Source is in.
- Configure the connection:
- FTP: check off "Anonymous Access" to skip this step.
- SFTP: Use a Private Key.*
- Server Type: Choose FTP or SFTP.
- Remote Host: Enter the URL or IP address of the FTP/SFTP site.
- Override Port : Leave blank to use the standard ports 21 for FTP, 22 for SFTP. To override the standard port settings, enter a value between 1024 and 65535.
- Authentication : Enter your credentials, or:
* For security purposes, the Private Key needs to be from a Public Certificate Authority.