- Setting up Salesforce for Integration with ProntoForms
- Ensure the API is available on your Salesforce edition
- Enable Chatter
- Confirm Your Permissions Level
- Configure the Connection
The Salesforce Connection connects ProntoForms to Salesforce. This allows ProntoForms to create objects in a Salesforce account through the use of any Salesforce Data Destination, and to reference Salesforce reports in a mobile form through the use of a Salesforce Report Data Source. Note that the connection will only be used if referenced in a Salesforce Data Destination or Data Source configuration.
Enterprise and Cloud Connections link to external services from which data sources can import data, and to which data destinations can route data. Read more about Connections here.
ProntoForms and Integration with Salesforce
ProntoForms offers a comprehensive list of features that allow direct integration with Salesforce, a cloud computing customer relationship management product. Salesforce data destinations and data sources allow ProntoForms mobile users to use and create Salesforce object records directly from a mobile form. By minimizing the need to access the Salesforce web interface, these ProntoForms features streamline workflows and mobilize your Salesforce data.
Setting up Salesforce for Integration with ProntoForms
Integrating Salesforce and ProntoForms requires a certain edition of Salesforce and appropriate Salesforce user permissions.
The ProntoForms integration with Salesforce requires that API access is available on the Salesforce account. The API feature is enabled by default on the following editions:
- Enterprise Edition
- Unlimited Edition
- Developer Edition
- Performance Edition
To find out what edition of Salesforce you have:
- Log into Salesforce and click on the "Home" tab.
- Look at your title of your browser tab. Your edition is visible after "salesforce.com"
ProntoForms does not control these settings or editions. Please contact Salesforce Support for further information on enabling the API feature, or read their information on the API feature here.
In order to set up a connection to Salesforce, the Chatter feature in your Salesforce account must be enabled. While Chatter is enabled by default on Salesforce organizations created after June 22, 2010, it is possible to disable it, which will cause ProntoForms errors. To enable Chatter, follow these steps:
- Log into Salesforce and select Setup in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Customize, then Chatter, then Chatter Settings.
- Select Edit, select Enable.
- Save. Chatter is now re-enabled on your Salesforce account.
The connection must be made using the credentials of a Salesforce user who has Read/Create permissions for all Salesforce objects you wish to create records for. For example, to use the Salesforce Account data destination, the user must have Read/Create permissions for the Accounts objects. If the user does not have the correct permissions, the data destination execution/data source fetch will fail.
To view what permissions a Salesforce user has:
- Log into Salesforce and click Setup in the top right corner of the screen.
- Under "Administer" in the left menu, expand the list under "Manage Users" and select "Users."
- Find the user on the following page, and click on their profile type.
- The following page lists all settings for that profile; scroll down to "Standard Object Permissions" (or "Custom Object Permissions" for the Custom Object Data Destination). Under "Basic Access", "Read" and "Write" should be checked off for each Salesforce object you intend to create records for through ProntoForms.
- Name the Connection and optionally provide a description.
- Select the FormSpaces that are allowed to use this connection. This step will be skipped if creating a new connection while creating a Data Destination or Data Source, as the connection will automatically be linked to the FormSpace the Data Destination or Data Source is in.
- Salesforce Connection: Click Connect, then enter your Salesforce login credentials or follow the prompts if already logged in.
- Click the Create button.