- Setting up Salesforce for Integration with ProntoForms
- Configure the Salesforce Connection
The Salesforce Connection is used to establish a connection between your ProntoForms team and your Salesforce account.
Establishing a Salesforce Connection allows you to:
- Use a Salesforce Report Data Source
- Create or update records for any object in Salesforce using the Salesforce Data Destination
Setting up your Salesforce Connection
API access is required in order to integrate ProntoForms with Salesforce. API access is enabled by default on the following editions:
- Enterprise Edition
- Unlimited Edition
- Developer Edition
To enable API Access on your Professional Edition organizations, contact your Salesforce Account Executive.
To determine which edition of Salesforce you have:
- Log into Salesforce and click on Setup
- Navigate to Company Profile > Company Information
- Under Organization Detail, find the Organization Edition field:
In order to establish a connection with Salesforce, Chatter must be enabled in your Salesforce organization. Chatter is enabled by default on Salesforce organizations created after June 22, 2010.
To enable Chatter, follow these steps:
- In your Salesforce account, select Setup
- Then navigate to Customize > Chatter > Chatter Settings
- Select Edit and check Enable, then click Save
Your Salesforce connection must be established using the credentials of a Salesforce user who has Read/Create permissions for all Salesforce objects for which you wish to create or update records in Salesforce. For example, to use the Salesforce Account data destination, the user establishing the Salesforce connection must have Read/Create permissions for the Accounts object. If the user who established the connection does not have the correct Object and Field Level permissions, the data destination execution/data source fetch will fail.
To learn more about User Permissions in Salesforce, please review the Salesforce support documentation.
- Name your Connection and optionally provide a description.
- Select the FormSpaces which will be allowed to use this connection.
- Salesforce Environment:
Select Production to target Salesforce environments that are accessed through https://login.salesforce.com, or Sandbox to target environments accessed through https://test.salesforce.com.
- Salesforce Connection:
Click Connect, then enter your Salesforce login credentials or follow the prompts if already logged in.
- Click Create.