- Setting up Salesforce for Integration with ProntoForms
- Ensure the API is available on your Salesforce edition
- Enable Chatter
- Confirm Your Permissions Level
- Configure the Connection
The Salesforce Connection is used to establish a connection between your ProntoForms team and your Salesforce account. This connection is also compatible with Salesforce Lightning.
This allows you to:
- Use Salesforce reports to power lists of options in mobile forms useing a Salesforce Report Data Source.
- When a form is submitted, create or update records on any object in Salesforce using Salesforce Data Destination
Setting up Salesforce for Integration with ProntoForms
Integrating Salesforce and ProntoForms requires a certain edition of Salesforce and appropriate Salesforce user permissions.
The ProntoForms integration with Salesforce requires that API access is available on the Salesforce account. The API feature is enabled by default on the following editions:
- Enterprise/Lightning Enterprise Edition
- Unlimited/Lightning Unlimited Edition
- Developer Edition
For Professional Edition organizations, all requests for API access must be purchased and can be processed contacting your Salesforce Account Executive.
To find out what edition of Salesforce you have:
- Log into Salesforce and go to Setup Home.
- Go to Company Settings > Company Information
- Under Organization Detail, find the Organization Edition field:
ProntoForms does not control these settings or editions. Please contact Salesforce Support for further information on enabling the API feature, or read their information on User Profiles and Administrative Permissions here.
In order to set up a connection to Salesforce, the Chatter feature in your Salesforce account must be enabled. While Chatter is enabled by default on Salesforce organizations created after June 22, 2010, it is possible to disable it, which will cause ProntoForms errors. To enable Chatter, follow these steps:
- Log into Salesforce and select Setup in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Customize, then Chatter, then Chatter Settings.
- Select Edit, select Enable.
- Save. Chatter is now re-enabled on your Salesforce account.
The connection must be made using the credentials of a Salesforce user who has Read/Create permissions for all Salesforce objects you wish to create records for. For example, to use the Salesforce Account data destination, the user must have Read/Create permissions for the Accounts objects. If the user does not have the correct permissions, the data destination execution/data source fetch will fail.
To view what permissions a Salesforce user has:
- Log into Salesforce and click Setup in the top right corner of the screen.
- Under "Administer" in the left menu, expand the list under "Manage Users" and select "Users."
- Find the user on the following page, and click on their profile type.
- The following page lists all settings for that profile; scroll down to "Standard Object Permissions" (or "Custom Object Permissions" for the Custom Object Data Destination). Under "Basic Access", "Read" and "Write" should be checked off for each Salesforce object you intend to create records for through ProntoForms.
- Name the Connection and optionally provide a description.
- Select the FormSpaces that are allowed to use this connection. This step will be skipped if creating a new connection while creating a Data Destination or Data Source, as the connection will automatically be linked to the FormSpace the Data Destination or Data Source is in.
- Salesforce Environment: Select Production to target Salesforce environments that are accessed through https://login.salesforce.com, or Sandbox to target environments accessed through https://test.salesforce.com.
- Salesforce Connection: Click Connect, then enter your Salesforce login credentials or follow the prompts if already logged in.
- Click the Create button.