(Please note that older articles might not render correctly in mobile view.)
- Form Configuration
- Data Destination Configuration
- Declining a Dispatch
- Navigate to the desired form, and hit the "Edit Form" button.
- In the Settings tab, configure the settings listed below.
The Inbox and Dispatching setting is located in the Settings tab under the Mobile App Tabs > Inbox and Dispatching header. This setting controls whether or not a ProntoForm can be used for dispatching.
- Allow form to be dispatched to mobile users: If unchecked, disables dispatching entirely. Use this option if the form should not be used for dispatching. When this is selected, the "Dispatch Data Records" selection in the web portal is not visible, and requests to dispatch to the form through the API will receive an error response. The user can only submit a form that they have started themselves from the Forms screen. If this option is checked, it enables dispatching for the form, and displays for the following options:
- Form can be dispatched to Inbox only: With this option, the form is only used for dispatching. The form is not displayed in the list of forms on device, and the mobile user cannot initiate a new data record on the mobile client using this form. The form will only be visible to the user in their inbox when an administrator submits a dispatch to them
- Form can be dispatched OR started by user from the Forms tab: Forms can be dispatched, or started from the Forms tab. Select this option if both of the above options should be available for the form.
- User is allowed to decline forms dispatched to them: If checked, mobile users can decline to fill out forms dispatched to their Inbox.
Note: You must choose either Form can be dispatched to Inbox only or Form can be dispatched OR started by user from the Forms tab.
Note that when using the Dispatch Data Destination, the Target Form (the form in which dispatched data is received by the user) should be set to either Dispatched or Allow Both. The dispatching form (in which data is first entered, to be subsequently routed by the data destination into the Target Form) should be set to Started by User from Device in order to allow mobile dispatching.
By default, items in the Inbox on a user's device are listed by "Form Name - [Date and Time dispatched]". Custom naming is typically configured to make dispatched items more easy to differentiate in the recipient's inbox. For example, referencing a question answer such as a customer name (provided by an administrator in the dispatch) would allow users to simply choose the inbox item containing the name of the customer they are visiting.
To customize, use Data Record Expression Language to enter a Naming Expression under the Data Record Naming header in the Settings tab when editing a form.
Data Record Naming also affect the naming of Drafts and Outbox items on the device, whether the data record was initially dispatched or user-initiated.
Read about the Dispatch Data Destination to configure dispatching from a mobile form.
You may have a Data Destination which is intended to receive only completed data records, and which should not receive the partial data files or documents that will be the result of a user declining a dispatch. On the other hand, you may wish to set up a Destination which should receive only notifications of declined dispatches, so you can keep track of those.
All data destination configurations now have a Data Record Filtering option which controls whether the destination should handle only completed data records, declined data records, or both. The selection shown below is available when creating or editing any type of Data Destination. By default, the Data Record State for a destination is set to handle Complete data records only and will not receive information on declined dispatches.
When dispatching is enabled for a form, an option to enable the decline of a dispatch is displayed to the administrator.
If this option is enabled, the mobile device user will have the option to delete the form from their Inbox. As of ProntoForms for iOS 10, users can swipe to the left to decline a dispatch, as shown in the gif below.
|1. Navigate to the Inbox.||2. Tap and hold the dispatch you wish to delete, then select the trash can icon to decline.||3. Select "OK" when asked to confirm.|
Declined data records are visible in the Data tab of the ProntoForms administration portal. They are distinguished from completed data records by a red arrow icon.