Output data from your submitted forms in a JSON format, perfect for integration with your backend system. There are different options for structuring and customizing your JSON format.
JSON documents can be sent to cloud and enterprise services, web services, and more. A number of document types are available, and multiple documents can be sent with a single form submission. Read more about documents here.
Create the document, select JSON as the document type, then follow the instructions below.
Give the document a unique name. Optionally provide a description.
This is the name of the file that will be sent through data destinations.
- Use Data Record Expression Language to reference answers in your forms.
- Static text can also be included.
- For example, %r -- %a[Customer Name] would name the file like "20140812-180001002 -- John Smith."
- Some data destinations will overwrite files with duplicate names. Make sure file names are unique by including one or more of:
- %r - the submission's reference number -- e.g. 20140920-1815562464
- %r[id] - the submission's ID - e.g. 1815562464
- %t - the time the form was submitted
Choose a document time zone source. This is the time zone for all dates and times in your document.
- Team Preference Setting: Will use the time zone chosen for the team
- Data Record: Will use the time zone the form submission is made from (as chosen on the mobile device).
- Custom: Choose a time zone.
Selecting this option will add the document as an "Additional Document" to forms created or imported after this option is set. Submissions made against these forms will be downloadable in this document format from the "Data" tab of the portal.
Embed attachments within the Data Record Document
This will include the attachment "bytes" property, which is necessary if you need to use the images collected at any point.
Input XML Format
Control how your data is structured. Choose Standard or "Labels as Node Names." Read more about these options.
Image Compression Ratio
Enter a value between 0 and 1 to compress images embedded in this document. Compression will reduce the size of the document, at the cost of image quality. 0 is competely compressed, 1 is no compression.
When set up is complete, press "Create." Link the document to a form in order to use it.