- Formatting Options
- File Name
- Select Answers to Include
There are several ways that PDF, Word and HTML documents can be customized. Tailor customer-facing documents to match company branding and include a business logo so all outgoing documents look professional. Control what answers are included in documents to ensure customers only see information that is relevant to them.
- Under the Manage Forms tab select Documents.
- Select the desired document.
- Open the document menu and click Update.
- To save changes once finished, click Update.
Font affects the style, size, color, and emphasis of text throughout the document. Navigate to the Formatting tab to change font using the Document Header, Heading Format, Answer Format, or Document Footer tabs. Changing the font in any of the tabs will affect the selected area in the entire document.
- Change the Font.
- Add Bold, Italic and/or Underline.
- To change Color:
- Enter a color code following a pound sign (#), or
- Choose a color using the color chart that appears when the textbox is selected.
The Date/Time format affects how date and time are displayed on the document. It can be set to show a preset style, or can be completely customized.
- To change to a preset Style: Select the Date/Time Format tab. Choose the desired Style.
- To change to a Custom Format: Select the Date/Time Format tab. Select Custom Format. Insert the desired date/time format.
View how to fully customize the date and time syntax with this tutorial.
The appearance of answers on a document can be customized to improve readability, include Hyperlinks when viewed on a computer, and much more. To change Answer settings, under the Formatting tab, select Answer Format.
Check to include barcode images in the document.
If checked, hyperlinks to the location of images, signatures, and files in the Portal will be included.
Use the font options to change the size and style of the answer font on the PDF.
Use Image options to change the look of signatures and images on the PDF.
- Image/Signature Max Height: Enter the height of signatures and images in pixels high.
- Horizontal Image Layout: Choose how images will be shown on the document.
- If checked, when there are multiple images in a question, they will be displayed in a row.
- If not checked, when there are multiple images in a question, they will be displayed in a column.
- Place Images/Signature Below Question Text: Choose the layout of the image/signature in relation to the question text.
- If checked, the image/signature will be under the question.
- If not checked, the image/signature will be to the right of the question.
- Image Compression Ration (between 0 and 1): Choose how an image will be compressed (ex. ".5" would be compressed by half). The more compressed the image is, the lower its quality.
The remaining settings affect page breaks, spacing and column size.
- Question Column Size: Increase or decrease how much of the page the question column takes up (ex. 50% would be a half-page).
- Spacing Between Questions: Increase or decrease the number of pixels between questions. The more pixels, the more space.
- Questions With Page Breaks: Enter question labels which should be preceded by a page break. Read more about question labels.
The file name setting affects the name of the file when it is stored in a data destination.
- Under the Document Basics tab, use Data Record Expression Language (DREL) to customize the file name. Some examples are:
- %f - %a[Customer Name] - %d -- Could create a string like: Invoice - John Smith - 2015-03-11
- %r[id] - %a[Company Name] - %d -- Could create a string like: 1812345 - Company ABC - 2015-03-11
- In the image below, the DREL notation is using the submission reference number (%r), username (%u[name]), and date (%d). This will create a string like: 20121212-1812345 - John Doe (jdoe) - 2015-03-11.
An example of what has been entered is shown in grey below the textbox.
Not all questions may be required on documents, such as those only required only for skip logic, unanswered questions, or when hiding fields intended for internal use on PDFs sent to customers. This setting will filter which answers are included on documents. Open the document to be updated.
- Select the Question Filtering tab.
- Hide or include unanswered pages and/or questions.
- Select one of the following:
- Include all questions: Includes all questions in the form.
- Include selected questions, hide all others: Includes questions entered in the textbox below; hides the rest.
- Hide selected questions, include all others: Hides questions entered in the textbox below; includes the rest.
- If Include or Hide have been chosen, a textbox will appear to insert the Question Labels of the questions which will be included or hid. Separate multiple questions with a comma. Read more about question labels.
Apply custom branding to documents by uploading a company logo to your team. This logo will appear at the top of all your documents. Be advised that the ideal size will change depending on your document and print settings. Read more about applying custom branding to ProntoForms teams here.
- Mouse over your name in the top right corner and from the dropdown select Team Settings.
- Select the Custom Branding tab and click Configure Custom Branding.
- Check Apply Branding to Data Record Documents, and click Choose File.
- Select the desired logo.
- Click Update to save changes.