Documents control the format that form submissions can be read or viewed in. A number of different document types are available, ranging from PDF documents, to event invitations, to structured data formats for integration with your back office.
When a form submission is made, it can be downloaded in the format of any document that is linked to the form. Data destinations can also send data to other services in these formats.
Multiple Documents Per Form
Forms can use multiple documents, each with a different appearance and format. Different data sets can be included in each document as well. This makes it possible for internal-use and customer-facing documents to be generated for a single form submission, for example.
Share Documents Across Forms
Create and customize one document, then use it with as many forms as you want.
Read more about creating and managing documents. Select a document type below to learn more about it.
Visual and Printed Documents
- PDF: Choose data from your form to include in a custom-formatted PDF document.
- Microsoft Word: Choose data from your form to include in a custom-formatted Microsoft Word document.
- HTML: Choose data from your form to include in a custom-formatted HTML document.
Structured Data Formats
- XML: Use data from your form to create an XML file with a customizable structure.
- JSON: Use data from your form to create a JSON file.
- CSV: Choose which data to include in a customizable CSV file.
Template-Driven Text Documents
- DREL: Use DREL to build a text file
- Freemarker: Use the freemarker templating language to build a text file.
Meetings and Contacts
These document formats are commonly used in mail, calendaring, and customer relationship management systems.
- Event Invitation: Use data from your form to create an invitation that can be sent by email.
- Business Card: Use data from your form to create a virtual business card file that can be sent by email.