- Billing Basics
- Review Your Billing and Usage
- Legacy Billing (TrueContext)
- Cancel Your Account
Most customers use license-based billing, where licenses can be purchased, and then users can be created to use those licenses.
Users vs. Licenses
- Licenses are what you are billed for.
- Users are the people who can log in
- You must have at least as many licenses as you have users, at all times
For example, if you have purchased 300 licenses, and have only 250 users, you will still be billed for 300 licenses.
The contract term is the period for which you have committed to pay for a minimum number of licenses. For example, you may have committed to pay for 300 licenses on an annual contract. You will be required to pay for those 300 licenses for the year.
Your contract term will be listed in your contract.
The billing period is the frequency at which you will be required to make payments. For example, while your contract term may be 1 year, you may be billed monthly.
Your billing period will be listed in your contract.
Subscriptions are billed on the first day of the month for your billing period. If new licenses are added in the middle of your billing period, you will receive a pro-rated charge on your following invoice.
For example, if each license costs $24.99, and a team has five of them, the charge will be $124.95 plus any applicable taxes. If a team adds a license mid-month, the team will be charged $12.50 plus any applicable taxes for the half of the billing period the license is active.
View teams' Billing and Usage information in the portal.
- Open the dropdown under your username and select Team Settings.
- Select the Billing and Usage tab. The following chart will be visible:
Subscription Type: This column shows the account's type of subscription.Click the subscription name to access further information about it. The resulting page will show the subscription's price per license, the number of data records submitted in the current month, and the contact information on file for the invoice. From this page, edit Subscription Properties.
Subscription State: This will show the billing state of the account.
- Active: All payments have gone through properly and on time, and all licenses have been billed correctly. New licenses can only be added if an account is active.
- Pending: A payment is being processed.
- In Arrears: Caused by incorrect billing information or a failed payment. This can be corrected by adding the necessary funds to the payment account (Credit Card or PayPal) and billing the outstanding amount (only applies to TrueContext billing).
- Suspended: The subscription will be suspended if a payment is overdue for an extended period of time. Users will not be able to log in. The subscription will remain suspended until a payment is made.
- # of Active Users: The number of active users on the subscription.
# of Licenses: This is the number of licenses the subscription is paying for.
Note for License-Based Subscriptions: If the # of Licenses exceeds the # of Active Users, decrease the team's Licenses to ensure the team is not charged for unused licenses.
Settings: Click the settings button to update the subscription's contact information and alias, or create a new user.
Manage subscriptions by selecting the Subscription Type from the Billing and Usage tab, outlined above.
Update Subscription Properties
Update subscription alias, company name, phone number, and address.
To add users, licenses must be added to the subscription. To avoid being billed for unnecessary licenses, any extra licenses not attached to a user should be deleted. If you have questions, contact your ProntoForms Sales Representative.
- Increase Licenses: If a license needs to be added, select Increase Licenses. On the resulting page, add licenses and save changes.
- Decrease Licenses: If an unused license needs to be removed, select Decrease Licenses. On the resulting page, delete licenses and save changes. If your subscription type is ProntoForms, the license will be immediately removed. You will be billed for the license until the next renewal date. Your number of users will remain unaffected until the next renewal date. This will mark your account as Pending Amendment.
Note: If you have a ProntoForms subscription type marked pending amendment, then you will be unable to increase or decrease the licenses associated with your account. If you have questions or issues, please contact Customer Success at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to replace your billing method, please contact your ProntoForms sales representative.
This only applies to TrueContext billing, and not ProntoForms-based billing.
The Billing Transactions option will list transactions, beginning with most recent at the top.
- Date: The day the transaction was made.
- Amount: The amount charged in the transaction.
- Type: The kind of charge made.
- Name: The name on the payment method that was charged.
- Transaction #: The unique identifier used to track of each transaction.
- Action: The action the user is able to perform. Hit Print to obtain a copy of the transaction details.
Bill Outstanding Amount
This option will appear for TrueContext License-based billing only. If a subscription is In Arrears, there will be the option to Bill Outstanding Amount. Use this option to attempt the payment again. If it does not go through, try replacing your billing method.
ProntoForms Inc. requires 30 days’ notice to cancel an account. An account cannot be cancelled by deleting all users/licenses. The team admin must contact ProntoForms directly to cancel the account.
For more details, please look at our article: Canceling your ProntoForms Account.