Credit Card Transaction questions allow the user to perform a credit card payment through one of the ProntoForms-approved Payment Apps. The user must have a pre-existing account with one of the following mobile credit card merchants:
ProntoForms passes transaction information such as amount due to the payment app, and the payment app securely processes the payment. Important details such as time, date and amount of transaction are then passed back to ProntoForms. These apps do not store any sensitive information and industry standard encryption methods are used to protect customers' data. When a payment is processed, a payment receipt is automatically emailed to the payee. It is impossible to edit the form after the payment is submitted.
The Credit Card Transaction question must be the last question on a mobile form.
Note: Field users must have the selected payment processor’s mobile app downloaded to their mobile device in order to accept a credit card payment.
An example of a Credit Card Payment question on an iOS device is shown below:
In the Form Builder, the Credit Card Transaction question appears as shown below:
The Question Edit screen for the Barcode question type has three tabs: General, Properties, and Help Options. This article will go through each of the tabs.
The Unique ID is the reference for the question. For more information on Unique IDs, read: Overview: Unique IDs. It can either be auto-generated based on the question text, or customized.
Restrictions control how your mobile users interact with a question. They can be set on the question itself, or controlled by Conditional Logic.
|Required||Read-Only||Hidden on Device||Hidden in Reports|
Properties allow you to set up your question in various ways. The Credit Card Transaction question type has fairly simple properties that allow you to select which of the two supported payment apps you wish to use, and, optionally, send certain answers to the payment app to cut down on data entry time.
- Innerfence: Requires the Innerfence credit card terminal and app. For more information on how to accept a credit card payment, please read: Accept a Credit Card Payment using Innerfence.
- Payfirma: Requires the Payfirma app. For more information on how to accept a credit card payment, please read: Accept a Credit Card Payment using Payfirma.
Select a previous currency question: Select the source question for the amount to be entered in the transaction.
Optional Fields to send to Payment App
These fields allow you to send additional details to Innerfence or Payfirma. The questions containing these details must come beforethe Credit Card Transaction question:
- First Name, Last Name, Company, Address, City, State, Zip, Country, Description: All of these can be sent, but must be in a Freetext data type question.
- Email: This must be an email data type question.
- Phone: This must be a phone data type question.
- Account Number: This can be a Freetext, Number, or Decimal data type question.
Adding "Help" content to forms gives mobile users access to support and other resources out in the field. Help content is available to users through a button embedded beside a question. Any question in the form can include a link to Youtube videos, web pages, or HTML-formatted work instructions.
For more information on Help Content, please read: V2 Forms: Adding Help Content to Questions