Looking for information about ProntoForms features and functionality? Visit our Product Documentation Portal.
If your Team is seeing an error on a Form Submissions stating 'Execution Failure: Email size too large' coming from the Destination, it is an indication that the file size of the submission is too large to be processed through our server. In this article I will outline some troubleshooting steps to go through to resolve this.
There are a few troubleshooting steps we can go through to assist with this error message and process the Form so it no longer shows an error. Please see below for these steps:
- Lowering the image quality on the users' devices. Here are the steps on how to do this based on platform:
- Lowering the image compression on the PDF Document being sent to your email. See steps on how to do that in the article below:
V2 - Standard layout options for PDF/Word/HTML documents
- Go to your Destination that is producing this error and turn the Form Submission Document Configuration settings to 'False' if they are currently set to 'True'
- Once this is done go back to the Submission page and try to Re-Execute that Destination
- Within a File Upload question field, the documents/images are attached using raw data and cannot be compressed. The only work around to get the submission to process is by using this step.
- Please note that this step has to be done by the Team Admin on the Submission page. For steps on how to get to this submissions please see this article.
- If the option is available to send the form back for edits than the user can adjust how many images they submit on that Submission.
If none of the troubleshooting steps are helpful please let us know and we will do our best to assist further.