Looking for information about ProntoForms features and functionality? Visit our Product Documentation Portal.
I have an idea that would improve the functionality of the app. Where can I submit a Feature Request and what is the process for this?
Before Creating the Feature Request
- Check with Support at email@example.com to see if there is in fact a way your request can be achieved through a workaround or if there is an existing way of accomplishing what you are looking to do.
- Look through the Feature Request Forum to see if the request already exists, if it does all you have to do is give it a thumbs up so it is flagged to our Product Management Team.
Submitting the Feature Request
Using this forum
If you have an idea for a new feature you believe would benefit ProntoForms' user base, describing your new feature idea in a feature request is the best way to bring attention to it. Voting for features you'd like to see implemented also gives ProntoForms an idea of what clients are interested in.
When you have a feature request idea, please:
- first check if the feature request already exists;
- if it does, comment on the post or upvote - this will ensure you receive email notifications when the post is updated;
- if it does not, create a request following the steps below.
When you request a feature, it is because you have a problem you would like us to solve. A helpful feature request includes:
- information about the problem you would like to solve
- enough detail for others to understand the problem
- the context or environment - is the problem happening in the web portal, and if so, which page? Is it happening in the mobile app, and if so, is it in iOS, Android, or Windows?
- who is impacted by the problem - are mobile users having this problem, or form builders, or administrators?
- any suggested solutions.
Screenshots illustrating the problem or suggested solution are often helpful. The more clearly you describe the problem, the more likely it is that others will recognize your problem and upvote or comment on the thread, bringing it to more attention from ProntoForms support and development.
Focus on the problem
When requesting a feature, try to focus the request on the problem. While proposed solutions are certainly welcome and helpful, if information about the problem is not included or unclear, we may misunderstand what is needed and develop a feature that does not solve your problem.
For example, there may be five feature requests from different customers, all proposing a very different solution to the same problem. It is easier for our team to spot the link between all these requests -- i.e., the core problem -- if the problem is openly stated.
Why this is unhelpful:
- the problem is not described, just the desired solution
- there are no reasons given for why the font color should be changed to black
- the request lacks detail - there is no information given about where this problem is occurring, whether it is in the web portal, in the mobile app on an Android phone or iOS device.
Why this is helpful:
- the problem is clearly described: the gray text of "read-only" questions is hard to read for certain users
- it describes who is affected: mobile users on Android devices.
- it describes the environment: the mobile app
Suggested Feature Request Format