Here at ProntoForms, we're always moving forward, looking for ways to innovate and help our customers solve their business problems. This often means that we bring new solutions to market, but sometimes it means that we deprecate a legacy feature to make way for the new.
This article outlines the upcoming V1 Forms End of Life (EOL) strategy, related dates, events, and other material to help you with your migration.
2018 - V2 Forms introduced, accompanied by message of future V1 Form deprecation
2019 - Functionality to 'Create New' or 'Edit' V1 Forms deprecated
Week of May 10, 2021 - Email communication outlining EOL dates (sent to user base of V1 forms)
June 3, 2021 - Introduction of 'V1 Classic App'
Summer 2021 - Customers focus on migrating reports to V2 or transition to 'V1 Classic App'
September 2021 - ProntoForms Standard App can no longer make V1 Forms Submissions
December 31, 2021 - Submissions of V1 Forms no longer accepted by ProntoForms platform
Our V1 Forms have served our customers well for many years. In order to maintain our position as an industry-leading Low Code Application Platform (LCAP), we continuously introduce evolving business solutions to our customers.
The benefit here is two-fold:
- Introducing our customers to industry leading capabilities! We've all learned a lot since V1 Forms were released. Our V2 solution is a testament to that. By moving to the most current solution, your business will leverage the full potential that comes with your subscription.
- Facilitating the best migration experience possible by keeping our customer base on current versioning. By avoiding 'skip-version upgrades', the likelihood of a successful migration significantly increases!
How to migrate
- Understand effort:
- Use the 'Download V1 Forms Excel Report' output from your Team Name
- This output will provide you information such as Form Name, FormID, Submission Count and last date submitted (plus more helpful data).
- Understand process:
- Using the 'How to convert a form from V1 to V2' Support Document, become familiar with how to convert a form.
- Begin conversions to V2:
- We've heard from customers that starting with a low frequency form is the best way to become familiar with the process.
- Once they are confident in the migration, converting more complex forms or forms with a higher submission frequency goes more smoothly.
- Perform testing:
- Ensure that once a form is converted, it is fully tested in an isolated environment. Then, have a production user test the form.
- This will help reduce unnecessary challenges when forms are dispatched to the wider user base.
- Archive V1 Forms:
- Once forms are successfully converted to V2, tested, and signed off, be sure to archive the form.
- Re-run the Excel Report:
- Repeat the first step: Re-run the 'Download V1 Forms Excel Report' output.
- Group or Filter on the State to immediately see which forms still need attention.
Video: Learn from the experts
Join our experts as they guide you through the process of converting a V1 form to V2. Training, Knowledge & Enablement Manager, Stu Rathbone and Sr. Product Manager, Anthony Schofield discuss some of the key points of migrating a V1 form to V2 and show you how it's done. This video conversation includes a question-and-answer session as well as a walkthrough.
V1 Classic App
This app enables you to continue using V1 forms for the near-term while your migration to V2 is underway.
What is the Classic App?
The 'Classic App' will be available as a temporary solution to Technicians and other Field Team Members to submit V1 Forms. It will look, feel and behave much like the current (Standard) app, but it will be focused on V1 and will follow the EOL cycle of V1 Forms.
How do I use it?
The 'Classic App' is available for all supported stores (iOS, Android, Windows). The 'Classic App' will be installed alongside the current 'Standard App', allowing businesses who have both V1 and V2 forms to carry on with business as usual.
It will be the responsibility of each customer to make the app available to their user base - it must be treated as a separate app and will not be auto-installed by ProntoForms.
The Standard App will allow users to see both dispatched V1 and V2 forms in their inbox (until Sept. 30).
In the Classic App, Users will see ONLY the V1 Forms dispatched.
Why are we introducing the Classic App?
As we plan for V1 EOL, there are both SaaS platform and Mobile App updates that must be made. You will begin to see notifications within the 'Standard App' when users submit a V1 Form, directing them to use the 'Classic App'.
Later this year (September 30, 2021), support for submitting V1 Forms from the Standard App will be completely removed.
How do I avoid the need to use the Classic App?
Migrate to V2 Forms before V1 support is removed from the Standard App (Sept. 30, 2021).
By completing the migration, you won't need to install or manage the Classic App.
What about my current App?
The current 'Standard App' will continue to function as expected.
You will begin to see updates within the Standard ProntoForms App. These will act as reminders to continue the migration of V1 forms to the V2 solution.
- How to convert a form from V1 to V2
- V2 Forms FAQ
- Explore the benefits of V2 forms
- Steps to Migrate from V1 Forms to V2
- Download an Excel Report of Your Team's V1 Forms
- V1 Forms Excel Report Structure and Contents
- How to Use the V1 Forms Excel Report
- Convert a V1-Specific Document to V2
Need to discuss your plan to convert to V2? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org