Looking for information about ProntoForms features and functionality? Visit our Product Documentation Portal.
- Set Up the Data Source
- Data Retrieval and Format
The ShareFile User Group Data Source pulls the information from a ShareFile Distribution Group into a ProntoForms Data Source. For each user in the selected Distribution group, the data source pulls the ShareFile User ID, Name, and Email into ProntoForms and allows users to organize groups of other users.
This data can then be used to populate a list of options in a dropdown or radiobutton question in a mobile form, or allow a ProntoForms user to select a ShareFile User to automatically notify when a form is submitted.
|ShareFile is an enterprise file-sharing and cloud storage service. With the ShareFile mobile app, users can edit, sync and share files from any device, enabling further workforce mobilization.|
Watch the video below for an overview of integrating ShareFile with ProntoForms.
- Create the data source as described here.
- Select ShareFile User Group Data Source as the type.
- Name the data source and optionally enter a Description.
- Set up the data source using the information below.
If this option is selected, users will get a notification from the ProntoForms app after a fetch. It will prompt users to reconcile (send/receive or refresh). This setting is recommended if it is important that users have the most up-to-date data.
- With "push updates" and an automatic fetch set up, some data sources send a notification for each fetch, whether or not the data source has new data.
- If the fetch schedule is hourly, users may get notifications hourly even if the data has not changed.
- Some users may find these notifications annoying or confusing. Consider the fetch frequency carefully if notifications are enabled.
Automatically fetch new data on a schedule:
- If checked, ProntoForms will automatically retrieve new data from ShareFile at the specified <strong">Fetch Frequency interval.
- Make sure that the team has a Problem Contact Email Address. If a fetch is unsuccessful for any reason, this address will receive an email with an error message and details. Without this email, it may not be immediately clear that a fetch has failed.
- If unchecked, the data source will not be updated automatically. To retrieve new data from ShareFile, the data source will need to be manually updated through the "Fetch New Data" button in the web portal.
Choose Hourly, Daily, Weekly or Monthly. This is how often the data source will fetch new data from SourceFile.
This applies to all fetch frequency options except “Hourly.” Data will be fetched at midnight in the chosen time zone.
Set up a ShareFile Connection or use an existing connection.
- Once the Connection is configured, a box will appear with a list of existing ShareFile Distribution groups. Select the one you would like to gather user data from.
- If left unchecked, the data source will wait until the specified time and interval to retrieve data for the first time.
- If checked, the first data retrieval will occur immediately after creating the data source.