Looking for information about ProntoForms features and functionality? Visit our Product Documentation Portal.
Note:ProntoForms Support can provide limited assistance with Freemarker Documents. We recommend that you use Handlebars Documents instead. The topic Handlebars Document provides an overview of Handlebars Documents.
With Freemarker you can:
- Generate your own HTML, XML or JSON structure, or any other text-format that suits your needs
- Use loops and conditional sections
- Create and change variables within a template
- Use complex expressions: string operations, calculations, arrays, etc.
A number of other document types are available, and multiple documents can be sent with a single form submission. Read more about documents here.
Create the document, select Freemarker as the document type, then follow the instructions below.
Give the document a unique name. Optionally provide a description.
This is the name of the file that will be sent through data destinations.
- Use Data Record Expression Language to reference answers in your forms.
- Static text can also be included.
- For example, %r -- %a[Customer Name] would name the file like "20140812-180001002 -- John Smith."
- Some data destinations will overwrite files with duplicate names. Make sure file names are unique by including one or more of:
- %r - the submission's reference number -- e.g. 20140920-1815562464
- %r[id] - the submission's ID - e.g. 1815562464
- %t - the time the form was submitted
Choose a document time zone source. This is the time zone for all dates and times in your document.
- Team Preference Setting: Will use the time zone chosen for the team
- Data Record: Will use the time zone the form submission is made from (as chosen on the mobile device).
- Custom: Choose a time zone.
Selecting this option will add the document as an "Additional Document" to forms created or imported after this option is set. Submissions made against these forms will be downloadable in this document format from the "Data" tab of the portal.
The document can be any file type. Most commonly-used file extensions are .txt and .xml.
Leave this blank for automatic resolution based on file extension.
Upload your Freemarker Template in an FTL format.
When set up is complete, press "Create." Link the document to a form in order to use it.