Looking for information about ProntoForms features and functionality? Visit our Product Documentation Portal.
Estimated Effort ~ 30 minutes or less
After completing this unit, you will be able to:
- Install the ProntoForms add-in in your MyGeotab Portal
- Configure the ProntoForms add-in for Geotab Drive to push data from Geotab into your forms
- Open the ProntoForms Add-In in the Geotab Drive App
Getting Started with MyGeotab and the Geotab Drive App
MyGeotab is a web-based fleet management software that is available to all Geotab customers under any feature package: Base, Regulatory, Pro, and ProPlus. MyGeotab allows customers to see all of their vehicle and driver information in one place and use it to make quicker, better-informed decisions for their business.
ProntoForms is compatible with the following Geotab rate plans: Base, Pro, ProPlus and Regulatory. The ProntoForms Geotab integration allows customers to automatically populate fields in your ProntoForms from data collected by GeoTab.
To use the ProntoForms Geotab integration, you will need:
- An active MyGeotab account
- The Geotab Drive app installed on mobile devices
- A Geotab Go device collecting vehicle information
- An active ProntoForms account
- The ProntoForms app installed on mobile devices
Install the ProntoForms Add-In in the Geotab Portal
Follow the steps below to install the ProntoForms Add-In in your MyGeotab account.
- Log in to MyGeotab and navigate to (1) Administration > (2) System (3) System Settings,and click the (4) Add-Ins tab.
- Click the (5) New Add-In button.
- Paste the .json code below into the Add-In Configuration window, replacing the sample code that is already there. Click OK.
- In the System Settings page, toggle Allow unsigned Add-Ins to On and click Save at the top of the page. Congratulations! The Add-In is installed and you are ready to go!
.json File for the ProntoForms Add-in
"name": "ProntoForms For Geotab",
Configure the ProntoForms add-in for Geotab Drive to push data from Geotab into your forms
Note: This step configures the Geotab Drive plug-in to send data to the ProntoForms app through the "open" command of the app-to-app communication interface. For more details on this capability in ProntoForms, please see What is App-to-App Communication?.
Follow the steps below to push data from Geotab into your ProntoForm.
- Log in to MyGeotab and navigate to (1) Administration > (2) ProntoForms
- Navigate to the Integration Tab, and click the Add New Form button.
ProntoForms form name - Enter the name of the form you would like to open in the ProntoForms app, as you see it in the Form Settings page in ProntoForms. The value entered for "ProntoForms form name" will be used to locate and open a form in the ProntoForms app at run-time. Partial matches will work, but may will force the user to choose from a forms list if more than one form name matches this value.
Make sure a Group is selected and make sure to select "Save".
Label Name - Enter the question label for question to which you would like to send Geotab data.
Object - Select the Geotab object from which you would like to pull data.
Property - Select the Geotab object property from you would like to pull into the answer field. Supported Geotab objects and properties are listed at the end of this article.
Open the ProntoForms Add-In in the Geotab Drive App
- Log in to Geotab Drive app.
- Use the hamburger menu to navigate to the ProntoForms add-in.
- Select the form you would like to open in ProntoForms. Data will automatically be pushed from Geotab into the ProntoForms answer fields as configured in the Geotab portal.
Supported Geotab Objects and Properties
The name of the company
The first name of the user
The full name of the user
The last name of the user
The user's email address / login name
The recorded value of the odometer
The date and time of the logged event
The unique hardware identifier for the Device
The unique identifier for this entity
The name of this entity that uniquely identifies it and is used when displaying this entity
The vehicle identification number
After Hours Distance
The distance the vehicle was driven after work hours
After Hours End
Whether the trip ends after hours
After Hours Start
Whether the trip starts after hours
Average speed in km/h. This only includes the average speed while driving
The distance the vehicle was driven during this trip
Driver Full Name
The full name of the Driver for the trip
Total end of trip idling (idling is defined as speed is 0 and ignition on). It is calculated from the beginning of this trip to beginning of next trip.
The maximum speed of the vehicle during this trip
The date and time that the trip started
The date and time the trip stopped
The distance the vehicle was driven during work hours